• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Edgar Mid feb mock- "ragnow free"

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
1) Cleveland Browns- Saquon Barkley
2) NY Giants - Josh Rosen
3) Indianapolis Colts- Bradley Chubb
4) Cleveland Browns- Sam Darnold
5) Denver Broncos- Josh Allen
6) NY Jets- Baker Mayfield
7) Tampa Bay - Quentin Nelson
8) Chicago Bears - Minkah Fitzpatrick
9) San Fran 49ers - Tremaine Edmunds
10) Oakland Raiders - Denzel Ward
11) Miami Dolphins - Roquon Smith
12) Cincinnati Bengals- Mike McGlinchey
13) Washington Redskins - Derwin James
14) Green Bay packers- Joshua Jackson
15) Arizona Cardinals - Calvin Ridley
16) Baltimore Ravens-
ROUND ONE, G/C ISAIAH WYNN GEORGIA
View attachment 666

I tried to go elsewhere with this pick, if for no other reason than to drum up conversation. But I couldn't seem to manage it. Wynn isn't simply the second best interior lineman in this draft, he is the second best LINEMAN, Period! I can't find myself a way around that. We need a dominant lineman out of this class. I'm not turning him down because we may, " need" a tackle more. Pro bowl caliber player, excellent hand usage, excellent knee bend, powerful run blocker and heady technician pass protector.
ROUND TWO, TE, DALLAS GOEDERT - South Dakota ST.
View attachment 667
Have to have a way to threaten the seams of a defense, in particular to threaten a cover two scheme and this guy does it. I like his hands, his size and his ability to get down field. I love him in the red zone and I think he is a decent run blocker to boot. I'd like to see this guy starting and taking his lumps.....I wish he were a little more of an after the catch guy but I might be nit- picking. South Dakota lines him up all over....out wide, in the slot in the back field as an h- back.
ROUND THREE WR DeSEAN HAMILTON - PENN STATE
View attachment 668
good route runner with enough juke and enough speed to threaten all three levels. good hands and very good body control. Has a knack for winning the contested throws downfield despite not always extending to grab. Just does a nice job of positioning himself in a 50/50 situation and wins often.
Nice job of selling a route to gain leverage and block downfield.
probably an excellent possession style receiver that can also win deep.
ROUND THREE,(COMPENSATORY) RB AKRUM WADLEY -IOWA
View attachment 669
A home run hitter. Absolutely electric feet that regularly leaves defenders off balance and grasping air. A physical runner between the tackles despite a frame that probably needs a few pounds added.
Iowa did this guy no favors in terms of offensive scheme. defenses regularly stack box with nine and even ten defenders...let's say 9 1/2 as a safety is definitely thinking run and leaning downfield at the snap. Iowa lines one guy outside and everyone knows whats coming. In a three wide set he will be lethal. dangerous every time he touches it he had better be accounted for. I good pass receiver that can take a short throw home as well.
must improve pass protection. has leSean McCoy type elusiveness and a certain Jamaal Charles appeal and upside. Could be a steal here.
ROUND FOUR , DB, SIRAN NEAL - JACKSONVILLE STATE
View attachment 670
Tall, long and physical DB...very physical in fact as a converted linebacker, he still retains a linebacker mentality and really punishes ball carrier/receiver. Lines up as boundary corner as well as covers slot receivers. Projects as a strong safety with very good coverage abilities and trends instincts in run game. Excellent at getting off blocks. Not sure if he has range for FS role or not as tape is limited. dominates lower competition. May be be able to right away take on the Levine sort of safety/linebacker role in certain packages...I feel he could excel in that role straightaway and step into a starting SS role at some point. Harbaugh will love his special teams play.
ROUND FIVE WR TREY QUINN- SMU
View attachment 671
slot style receiver. terrific hands...really good. highly productive junior season where he led the nation in receptions. plus ball skills and decent size. probably comps to Cole Beasley but I think has even higher upside....can be moved outside from time to time/
ROUND SIX ILB CHRISTIAN SAM - ARIZONA STATE
View attachment 672
Has side to sideline speed...a good athlete for the position who shows well against the run and in the passing game. good intuition and quick diagnosis.....seldom out of position. nice job filling and blitzing. good tackler but would be a good candidate to add weight ( weighs in at 237) without sacrificing speed...team leader in tackles....always around the ball.
ROUND SEVEN ILB DJ CALHOUN - ARIZONA STATE
View attachment 673
Yes, it's very unlikely we take to guys playing the same position from the same school in back to back rounds. It's just that when you watch Sam, you always see Calhoun and vice-versa.Calhoun is a hitter and that is putting it mildly. Good speed for the position and a punisher. will be at least a good teams player and might surprise

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seeing Calvin Ridley fall to the az at 15 would sting. I think if he gets that close, Ozzie and Co would make a move to try and jump the cards for him. That said, I sure hope we get a FA wr with a draft like that.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Siran Neal is an intriguing prospect. Id definitely be down with him in the 4th or 5th

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Would be estatic if this was our draft. Though I doubt Goedert is going to be there but I have him has the best fitting TE for the Ravens. He's a wildcard of sorts but he could be a massive slam dunk of a pick

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seeing Calvin Ridley fall to the az at 15 would sting. I think if he gets that close, Ozzie and Co would make a move to try and jump the cards for him. That said, I sure hope we get a FA wr with a draft like that.
I'm sure we'll take on at least one FA receiver no matter who we draft.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Can't see Goedert being there at our 2nd pick. But definitely with you at pick 16 if the first 15 play out like that