• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

My First Mock Draft of 2022

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, even though the simulators are fun, I kinda want to do a legit mock draft.

Round 1:
pick 1, Jaguars: Aldan Hutchinson, Edge
pick 2, Lions: Travon Walker, Edge
Pick 3, Texans: Kyle Hamilton, S
Pick 4, Jets: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge
Pick 5, Giants, Evan Neal, OT
Pick 6, Panthers: Ikem Ekwonu, T/G
Pick 7, Giants: Charles Cross, OT
Pick 8, Falcons: Malik Willis, QB
Pick 9, Seahawks: Jermaine Johnson, Edge
Pick 10, Jets: Derek Stingley,. CB
Pick 11, Commies: Jameson Williams, WR
Pick 12, Vikings: Ahmad Gardner, CB
Pick 13, Texans, Drake London, WR

Round1, Pick 14, Baltimore Ravens: Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
davisdt_aifv7u.png

He's been talked about a lot on here, and there's not much more to add. The Ravens' defensive line is the worst it has ever been in terms of top end talent and depth. Davis is a one of a kind who will wreck offenses even if it doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

Round 2, pick 45: Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA
Can-anyone-beat-the-40-yard-dash-record.jpg

A traits pick that could go anywhere in the second round. If there is any CB in this draft that could run stride for stride with Jamar Chase, and out jump him for the ball it's Woolen. If the Ravens are going to compete for the division title we need CBs that can match the crazy athletic WRs the Bengals and Steelers pop out so no one else becomes a "Ravens Killer" like AJ Green was.. He's incredibly raw, but he does look natural on the football field, and he plays to the speed he was tested at. He's a guy you take if you trust your coaches because if he even scratches his potential then he could be an all pro. There will absolutely be more pro-ready guys available, but sometimes you have to go for the home run hit.

Round 3, Pick 76: Kingsley Enagbare, Edge, South Carolina

Surprisingly quick and explosive for a man his size (6'4" 260). Aside from some solid athleticism he brings great length and a nasty demeaner. The one big concern is his run defense, but honestly I think it's more of a technique issue that can be ironed out. Early on he'll mainly be a guy to rotate in on obvious passing downs, but can become an every down edge defender.

Round 3, Pick 100: Matthew Butler, DT, Tennessee
1628186451_Matthew-Butler_gs_t800_he6d44093fcaf0b1397e3d8a38675f2be74b71e96.jpg

It can't be said enough how dire the situation is for the Ravens' D line, even with the Pierce signing. Butler looks to be a hidden gem that'll be a long term rotational lineman in the NFL. He's quick and flexible for his size, and is a real tone setter. He's a bit of a swiss army knife among linemen. He doesn't look exceptional in one given area, but just does everything well. Also he looked really good in the Shrine Bowl. Even without the Ravens' situation being what it is he's the type of guy that's always good to pick up in the mid rounds for rotation.

Round 4, pick 110: Wan'Dale Robinson, WR, Kentucky
RobinsonKentucky-1200x628.jpg

WR, RB, Returner, it doesn't matter. If you put the ball in his hands good things will happen. He must have broken a hundred sets of ankles in his career while making the defenders look foolish. He's a gadget, do everything player on offense that will make defenses pay if they focus too much on Lamar's movements, and as a check down option if teams keep trying to blitz Lamar on every down. Overall, he's simply a great fit for the offense and special teams. Seriously, just take a look at his film. It's incredible.

Round 4, pick 119: Braxton Jones, OT, Southern Utah
BraxtonJonesSUU-1024x683.jpg

Tall, athletic, long, and with incredible hand strength. Even with the Moses signing we can't keep playing around with the backup/swing tackle position. He's rough on technique, and played at a lower level, but has all the traits and mentality you could ask for from a backup or potential starter in year two or three. And he could certainly hold down the spot if he's pushed to start earlier better than any of the backup tackles we had last year.

Round 4, pick 128: Bryan Cook, S/Nickel/DB, Cincinnati
AP21313055079754-1024x683.jpg

Gets incredibly overshadowed by the other talent on that defense, but Cook is a high caliber jack of all trades in the defensive backfield. He's played single high, in the box, and in the slot for the Bearcats' defense, and shows good discipline at all spots. Also, unlike some of our DBs in the open field he can actually tackle people.

Round 4, pick 139: Dominique Robinson, Edge, Miami (OH)
CE8A9690.jpg

Converted WR with limited experience but incredible raw traits to work with. He's boom or bust but has the potential to be a real threat on passing downs, especially on stunts and inside blitzes. Probably limited snap count in year one but will have a few flashes, and with good coaching can be a dangerous asset for the defense.

Round 4, pick 141: Thomas Booker, DT, Stanford
Thomas_Booker__sds.JPG

Fuck we have a lot of 4th round picks... Anyway, Booker looks like an above average rotational lineman. Great motor and consistently has good burst off the line. He also has surprisingly good lateral movement. Another disrupting guy for the line that'll go a long way in keep the front guys fresh.

Round 6, Pick 196: Matt Araiza, Punter, San Diego State
20201024_football_sdsu_v_unlv_dtuskan_0159.jpg

Bill Belichick punches air as Harbaugh gets the punt god. Seriously though, Araiza looks special, and legitimately could help win games for us. He has potential to be all pro.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like the mock a lot, but don't see the Giants going tackle at both 5 and 7. That being said, it is just a mock draft. lol

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
i dont think sauce makes it past them at 7 tbh
they're building around wink's defence and what does wink need more to run his defence than great man corners - i find it hard to imagine sauce gets past them at 7 - it wouldnt surprise me if they take him at 5 either
Yeah, I could see them taking him at 7. They take Sauce, Seahawks grab Cross, Texans or Vikings possibly grab Jermaine Johnson.