• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pound The Table Thread: 2022 Version

rossihunter2

Staff Member
To quote @JoeyFlex5 from 2 years ago:

2 weeks to go, time for the OFFICIAL pound the table thread, this is a reference point for any disputes on hindsight, I wanna do this a little different this time around with an official format for who you’re pounding the table for, so minor discussions don’t get mixed up with your “guarantee” on a player.

FORMAT: split it up into day one, day two, and day three, list as many players as you’d like in those projected ranges, it doesn’t have to be just for the ravens, pound the table for any player you think is a sure fire producer.

still a couple of weeks away but we're on our way

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm going to pound the table for

Day 1
Jordan Davis DT
Jahan Dotson WR
Zion Johnson IOL
Dax Hill CB

Day 2
Nicholas Petit-Frere OG
Luke Goedeke OG/OC
Leo Chenal LB
Chad Muma LB
Drake Jackson Edge
George Pickens, WR
Donald Parham, C/G

Day 3
Abram Smith, RB
Nick Cross, S
Chig Okonkwo, TE

I may add to or edit this list later.

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Day 1:
Jordan Davis DT

Day 2:
Tariq Woolen CB
Chad Muma LB
Darrian Beavers LB
Tyler Smith G/T
Phidarian Mathis DT
Kingsley Enagbare EDGE
Rasheed Walker OT

Day3:
Matthew Butler, DT
Matt Araiza, Punter
Braxton Jones OT
Bryan Cook S/Nickel
Nick Cross S/Nickel
Dominique Robinson EDGE

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Day 1
Jermaine Johnson
Jordan Davis
George karlaftis
Drake london
Christian watson(late round 1, I’m quietly really high on him)

Day 2
Arnold ebiketie(if he goes day 2)
Boye mafe(if he goes day 2)
Kyler Gordon
Jamaree salyer
Rasheed walker
Cole strange
Daniel faalele
Drake Jackson
Marcus jones
Cam Taylor britt
Jaquan brisker

Sidenote: I love day 2 in this class

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Day 1
Jermaine Johnson
Jordan Davis
George karlaftis
Drake london
Christian watson(late round 1, I’m quietly really high on him)

Day 2
Arnold ebiketie(if he goes day 2)
Boye mafe(if he goes day 2)
Kyler Gordon
Jamaree salyer
Rasheed walker
Cole strange
Daniel faalele
Drake Jackson
Marcus jones
Cam Taylor britt
Jaquan brisker

Sidenote: I love day 2 in this class
Interesting on Karlaftis. What are your thoughts if we took him at 14?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Interesting on Karlaftis. What are your thoughts if we took him at 14?
He’s not my first choice at all but if those others are all gone then I’m fine with karlaftis at 14, I like that he’s a multiple fronts kind of player, he is incredibly explosive out of a 2 point stance and plays with excellent power, enough that I think he’s a standup rusher out wide and a 5 tech as well, MAYBE even a 3tech rusher on the 3rd and long package.

I think he’s a good fit here and we could do much worse than him. He just has an innate ability to wreck plays using explosion, power, and hands. He may take time to become what he CAN become though, he does lack intuition on misdirection and option plays, he’s not super bendy, so we may need to flesh out his role a bit and find how to use him best as he develops, but god damn he’s disruptive and despite having ugly moments in the run game when he’s left in space, he also has many more moments where he disrupts the hell out of the run by just penetrating or pushing. He’s also got a natural nose for the ball.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
He’s not my first choice at all but if those others are all gone then I’m fine with karlaftis at 14, I like that he’s a multiple fronts kind of player, he is incredibly explosive out of a 2 point stance and plays with excellent power, enough that I think he’s a standup rusher out wide and a 5 tech as well, MAYBE even a 3tech rusher on the 3rd and long package.

I think he’s a good fit here and we could do much worse than him. He just has an innate ability to wreck plays using explosion, power, and hands. He may take time to become what he CAN become though, he does lack intuition on misdirection and option plays, he’s not super bendy, so we may need to flesh out his role a bit and find how to use him best as he develops, but god damn he’s disruptive and despite having ugly moments in the run game when he’s left in space, he also has many more moments where he disrupts the hell out of the run by just penetrating or pushing. He’s also got a natural nose for the ball.
Thanks for this!!

BabaGanoush55

Practice Squad
Day1
George Karlaftis Edge - Perfect pairing with odafe oweh
Devonte Wyatt DT - best inside passrusher and good against the run
Trent Mcduffie CB - even though he is „small“, he is super clean and can play at each CB position
Jermaine Johnson Edge - good passrusher, great edge setter… no elite skill, but no weakness either.

Day2
Leo Chenal ILB - just an athlethic freak, great blitzer,great against the run… gets lost in coverage sometimes. Perfect pairing with P.Queen, so he can stay at will
Daxton Hill Nickel/Box - super fast player and knows our new D.Coordinators scheme

Reactions: cdp