• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Travis Jones

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Unbelievable value.

In the year the Ravens finally let Brandon Williams go, we replace him with another smaller school massive nose tackle.

Only this guy is an absolute stud and athletic freak. If he can learn to use his hands more consistently, he's a nose tackle with a legit pass rushing upside.

Dominated the senior bowl (for those waiting to see which senior bowl guy the ravens would draft... we've already got our michigan guy in ojabo at 45)

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
have we ever landed 4 picks out of the gate that would no doubt be on the field and contributing year one ?(excepting Ojabos injury)
Travis upgrades Williams. He's a different nose than either Michael or Williams...saw hin=m at 3tech, 2i, head up alignments 4i.
we could be borrowing a page from Georgia; D line rotations that dont skip a beat.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
have we ever landed 4 picks out of the gate that would no doubt be on the field and contributing year one ?(excepting Ojabos injury)
Travis upgrades Williams. He's a different nose than either Michael or Williams...saw hin=m at 3tech, 2i, head up alignments 4i.
we could be borrowing a page from Georgia; D line rotations that dont skip a beat.

ive even seen travis out at 5tech - that's not where i think he should be playing but that speaks to his level of athleticism

also worth pointing out... travis jones played like 70% of the snaps at UConn - and they were often in games with 70-100 snaps - no conditioning concerns or snap count concerns with Jones

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He needs to refine his hands if he wants to be a consistent pass rusher but he for sure has the wiggle and explosion to become that guy

He absolutely dominated clemson’s OL despite being the only guy on UConn they had to worry about
and there are no issues with his conditioning. He plays 70% of the snaps and U Conn regularly played 100 snaps.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Man I’m so happy we got this dude where we did, I was sweating for like 6 picks and begging for a trade up, and he fell to us and we must have sprinted that card in. Felt so obvious at the time but I was still surprised we did it, always feels like we whiff on something so obvious on day 2

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Man I’m so happy we got this dude where we did, I was sweating for like 6 picks and begging for a trade up, and he fell to us and we must have sprinted that card in. Felt so obvious at the time but I was still surprised we did it, always feels like we whiff on something so obvious on day 2

first 6 picks were slam-dunks
wasn't sold on Linderbaum at 14
but with every subsequent pick it's made the Linderbaum pick at 25 look even better

also it's hilarious that we've drafted him and Faalele in the same class lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This day 2 killed it. Just feels like out day 2 scouting has been much better. Sure we have had some whiffs with Ferguson, Boykin, and tbd Phillips and Cleveland, but we have had some hits with JK Dobbins, Madubuike, Ojabo and Travis Jones. We could even add Stephens to the mix because he looks like a baller as well and Duvernay is going to get more chances this season also.

Sure it's too soon to know for sure, but these picks didn't give me the 'wtf' moment we have had when drafting on day 2.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
looking forward to hearing about the practice battles with Jones and Linderbaum