• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

ravens have interest in victor cruz, thoughts?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Cruz is cheap he could be okay competition for the slot receiver spot. He lost his speed for he's still a decent route runner and can find soft spots in the defense with Wallace and Perriman forcing safeties to go defend the deep ball. But I think there could be better options among cuts later on in the offseason.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I am not sure he is better then Moore though to be fair to be the 3rd best receiver at the moment is not hard when the Ravens are only really holding 2 starting level receivers at least in terms of what has been seen in game.

Honestly Jackson is older has a worse injury history then Cruz and so I would almost say he has less in the tank. There are really not great options at WR available. Maybe they go with Jackson, maybe they use Boldin as a 1 year stopgap, maybe they go for one of the other WR with issues but there are not great options because they already got drastically overpaid.
at this point it's not even about quality, all the options are bad ones, but Vincent Jackson is a better fit and he can produce without speed unlike Cruz.

And Ford may have been the third by default, but again, fit, he does everything better than Moore or anyone else out of our top 2. His routes are stellar, day one he'd be the best route runner on the team. He has excellent body control, leaping, timing, and hands.

How he didn't go in the fourth round at the latest is beyond me.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Right now I would do the same thing I'd like to see with the oline and that's too hold off until late summer and give the guys we got a thorough looksee.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree with Raine. If Cruz comes cheap he could be cheap. Plus he's another year removed from injury. He didn't have a bad year considering it took half a year for him to get up to speed.

If we were going to sign OL or WR id go OL

flynismo

Practice Squad
image.gif

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Im more worried about flacco throwing off his back foot and the run game than i am WR. We have talent on our roster. We have atleast 3 TE that are calable of being successful. Our OC and HC just gotta play to their strengths. Get in the lab and figure it out

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im more worried about flacco throwing off his back foot and the run game than i am WR. We have talent on our roster. We have atleast 3 TE that are calable of being successful. Our OC and HC just gotta play to their strengths. Get in the lab and figure it out

Are they or do we just think they are? Pitta is not good at getting separation and is not good at getting YAC and is a weak blocker. Maxx has shown no ability to do much of anything which seems like an effort issue and I still want to see whether Watson can play.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Are they or do we just think they are? Pitta is not good at getting separation and is not good at getting YAC and is a weak blocker. Maxx has shown no ability to do much of anything which seems like an effort issue and I still want to see whether Watson can play.
True about pitta YAC, however i think gets decent amount of separation, our offense just suck. He also got best hands on team. I like gilmore the most though and maxx has potential if he ever decides to try

JoeKnows

Practice Squad
Cruz was used on the outside last year and still put up ok numbers. Moving him back to the slot could be huge for him. Wouldn't mind taking a flier on him and seeing what happens.