• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Webby

K-Dog

MVP
No secret he is my favorite RAVEN.
I was bummed when they cut him last year. When they resigned him I knew it would be short term. He was a team player through and through. But more than that, he was as cool and classy as they come. Years ago he made a significant impact in my young daughters life. I will always be grateful.
Webby will always be my favorite RAVEN.

View attachment 731

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Haha do I remember this same post last year when he was cut? Different picture though I think

Webby was the consummate team guy. He played where ever we put him, took pay adjustments we requested and never bitched about it. Ultimately, he got slowed by injuries before his time. I wish him luck and well, he's forever a Raven Champion.

K-Dog

MVP
Haha do I remember this same post last year when he was cut? Different picture though I think
Nah. It is the only pic of him and my daughter that we have ( surprisingly since this was their third meeting ) .
Believe it or not, this picture was on our family Christmas card that year. ( It was in a collage )

K-Dog

MVP
Since some here don't know the story here is how it goes.

If you are a parent, you will understand this statement. If you are not, you wont *fully* get it.
It really had less to do with anything he said or did, but it had to more to do with how it made my daughter feel.

She used to sit with me and watch the Ravens play when she was little. She would make notes on what players did good, and what players did not. If a player got hurt she would pray for them and make them a get well card. We always sent the cards to the Castle, but never got a response.
It was Webbys rookie season. She may have been six or seven at the time She made notes that this guy was pretty good ( they said his name a lot ) then he got hurt. As always she made him a get well card. Before we had the opportunity to send it I found out he was going to be at a signing at the Mall near where we live. I had been to a lot of signings before, but never with her. I asked her if she wanted to hand deliver the card to Lardarius Webb. She was super excited about the idea. She had never met a Raven before.

I figured Webb being a rookie, without a lot of fanfare, I would just be able to buy my ticket the day of the event. Unfortunately I was wrong. We got there and it was SOLD OUT !!
:(
My daughter looked devastated. I explained to the guy at the door that my daughter made him a get well card and I wanted to know if she could just give it to him . He said it wasn't his decision. He weant and talked to some guy who I can only assume was his manager. He kept pointing at us and looking over at us. The manager guy came up to me and asked me to confirm the details has he was told. I confirmed. He looked at my daughter and said " Sure go ahead and give it to him. "

I could see all that was happening from the door. She went up and waited till the guy in front was done and she handed Webb the home made card. ( It was so cute. It was all cut out stuff with construction paper and stickers. It was almost 3-D ) He opened the card and smiled ear to ear. Webby was beaming. Bad knee and all he hobbled around the table and gave her a big hug. The agent guy smiled at me and said "She is a good kid. Here. " and he handed me a FREE ticket for the signing.
She comes back and she is on cloud ten. We are talking Christmas morning level happy here. I said " Hey look what I got. " showing her the ticket. "We can get an autograph too !!?!?! " " Yup. "
So we go to,,,,, the,,,,,end ,,,, of ,,,,, the,,,,, line. So about an hour and a half later, ( it was a very long line ) we get back to the table and Webb says " It is my friend !!!!! " ( Normally we just buy an 8X10 there at the event ) Webb saw the 8X10 and said "No. " Grabbed a football and wrote "Dear Arielle, thanks for the card. Your friend always, Lardarius Webb 21"
Man for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks, THIS is all she ever talked about. Her Raven fandom multiplied. ( Daddy happy )
We were impressed, all three of us got Webb jerseys.

It was about four years later, he was doing another signing in the area. We decided to go. A kid grows up a lot in four years so she looked VERY different. ( I got tickets in advance this time ) so we get up to the table, and I saw "Hey Webb, do you remember this kid? " He is struggling, I am sure by now 100's if not 1,000's of kids has crossed his path, so I bailed him out pretty quickly. "Your rookie season she made you a get well card .... " he interrupts me " Oh yeah !!!! " and he described the card. He said that it is still in his locker today. ( now I realize there is a strong possibility that is a lie, but I don't really care. It made my kid beam for weeks ) Once again, Webby made my kid feel incredible. He made my kid excited about football and The Ravens. He made my kid happy. If you have kids, you know there is nothing better than that.

The photo above is actually a third meeting. They chit-chatted like old friends for a minute or two.

That is why Webb is my favorite Raven.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
that's good shit right there. this world needs as much good as it can get. thank you for taking the time to share!

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can only imagine how great Webb could have been if not for all of the injuries. I think he was on his way to becoming a top 5 corner in the league early on in his career. Regardless, he still provided us plenty of great memories. Thank you Webby.

And thanks to @K-Dog for that awesome story. Shows what a class act Webb was off the field, as well.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can only imagine how great Webb could have been if not for all of the injuries. I think he was on his way to becoming a top 5 corner in the league early on in his career. Regardless, he still provided us plenty of great memories. Thank you Webby.

And thanks to @K-Dog for that awesome story. Shows what a class act Webb was off the field, as well.

Webb was giving Brady fits if you guys remember correctly. Always seemed to intercept him

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Since some here don't know the story here is how it goes.

If you are a parent, you will understand this statement. If you are not, you wont *fully* get it.
It really had less to do with anything he said or did, but it had to more to do with how it made my daughter feel.

She used to sit with me and watch the Ravens play when she was little. She would make notes on what players did good, and what players did not. If a player got hurt she would pray for them and make them a get well card. We always sent the cards to the Castle, but never got a response.
It was Webbys rookie season. She may have been six or seven at the time She made notes that this guy was pretty good ( they said his name a lot ) then he got hurt. As always she made him a get well card. Before we had the opportunity to send it I found out he was going to be at a signing at the Mall near where we live. I had been to a lot of signings before, but never with her. I asked her if she wanted to hand deliver the card to Lardarius Webb. She was super excited about the idea. She had never met a Raven before.

I figured Webb being a rookie, without a lot of fanfare, I would just be able to buy my ticket the day of the event. Unfortunately I was wrong. We got there and it was SOLD OUT !!
:(
My daughter looked devastated. I explained to the guy at the door that my daughter made him a get well card and I wanted to know if she could just give it to him . He said it wasn't his decision. He weant and talked to some guy who I can only assume was his manager. He kept pointing at us and looking over at us. The manager guy came up to me and asked me to confirm the details has he was told. I confirmed. He looked at my daughter and said " Sure go ahead and give it to him. "

I could see all that was happening from the door. She went up and waited till the guy in front was done and she handed Webb the home made card. ( It was so cute. It was all cut out stuff with construction paper and stickers. It was almost 3-D ) He opened the card and smiled ear to ear. Webby was beaming. Bad knee and all he hobbled around the table and gave her a big hug. The agent guy smiled at me and said "She is a good kid. Here. " and he handed me a FREE ticket for the signing.
She comes back and she is on cloud ten. We are talking Christmas morning level happy here. I said " Hey look what I got. " showing her the ticket. "We can get an autograph too !!?!?! " " Yup. "
So we go to,,,,, the,,,,,end ,,,, of ,,,,, the,,,,, line. So about an hour and a half later, ( it was a very long line ) we get back to the table and Webb says " It is my friend !!!!! " ( Normally we just buy an 8X10 there at the event ) Webb saw the 8X10 and said "No. " Grabbed a football and wrote "Dear Arielle, thanks for the card. Your friend always, Lardarius Webb 21"
Man for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks, THIS is all she ever talked about. Her Raven fandom multiplied. ( Daddy happy )
We were impressed, all three of us got Webb jerseys.

It was about four years later, he was doing another signing in the area. We decided to go. A kid grows up a lot in four years so she looked VERY different. ( I got tickets in advance this time ) so we get up to the table, and I saw "Hey Webb, do you remember this kid? " He is struggling, I am sure by now 100's if not 1,000's of kids has crossed his path, so I bailed him out pretty quickly. "Your rookie season she made you a get well card .... " he interrupts me " Oh yeah !!!! " and he described the card. He said that it is still in his locker today. ( now I realize there is a strong possibility that is a lie, but I don't really care. It made my kid beam for weeks ) Once again, Webby made my kid feel incredible. He made my kid excited about football and The Ravens. He made my kid happy. If you have kids, you know there is nothing better than that.

The photo above is actually a third meeting. They chit-chatted like old friends for a minute or two.

That is why Webb is my favorite Raven.

Great read! Love this!