• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

City's Official 3 Round Final Mock

Just going to keep this short and simple. He’s an illustrated mock of what I believe will go down on draft day through two days. I did watch the press conference and the most I can take away from it is that the Ravens are not going to let any one in on their draft plans(Obviously). Any one can be picked anywhere but more then anything they would love to trade so. With that said here’s my mock.

6_7871950.jpg

Round 1, Pick 16: Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama: In some drafts, he is indeed worth a 2nd round pick, but in this draft where the draft talent is questionable at potential future star talent, I figured that Ridley indeed is worth the 16th pick in the draft. There’s a lot to like about this guy and at pick 16 there’s not a whole lot of guys you can reach on unless a talent like Roquon Smith or Tremaine Edward fall to this pick. I'm not as big on Ridley as I was before. Count me among those who would prefer to see DJ Moore here but lets be honest here, the Ravens are not picking Moore over Ridley. There's plenty to like about Ridley and he should make an immediate impact on this team.

Alternative Pick: Mike McGlitchy, OT Notre Dame

PSU.jpg

Round 2, Pick 52, Mike Gesicki TE Penn State: Some might feel the Ravens will “settle for a TE” with Gesicki but he is a truly intriguing prospect. While his blocking…leaves much to be desired…he truly is a potential match up night mare at the next level in the NFL. I don’t expect Gesicki to step in and light the world on fire, but I do think that he has the tools to be a star in this league. While blocking is an important attribute for a TE, the fact of the matter is at this moment the Ravens badly need a TE who can run down the seam and become a vertical weapon off the LOS. I believe the Ravens will value Gesicki highly here and I do believe he will fall to this pick. I don’t think teams are going to be rushing to the podium to be picking a TE in this years draft unlike last years where you had potential blue chip talent in OJ. Howard, E.Engram and D.Njoku. I think the projections for Geseki are a little too high at the moment honeslty.

Alternative Pick: Christian Kirk, WR Texas A&M: (Side Note, I'm really starting to like Kirk, if we picked him here then I would honestly be very happy).

daesean-hamilton-2018-ee28f1789fc397f3.jpg

Round 3, Pick 82: DaeShean Hamilton, WR Penn State: Suprised? Don't be. Ozzie has stressed the importance of depth these past fews years and that extends well into the WR position and the fact of the matter is the Ravens have been hit hard there these past few years. They desperately need to add depth there and don't be suprised if the Ravens come away with two WRs in the first round. Now I can understand the arguement against Hamilton here since the Ravens will be coming away with two WRs who might have issues with their frame and abliitles to be dynamic WRs. Hamilton presents versatility for the Ravens. You can line him up whereever you want but in the slot is where he will prove to be deadly. He's a riser so I'm not sure if he will be available but at pick 82 it will be hard to pass on Hamilton.

So that it's, I will be doing a Final Full mock a week before the draft with most likely the same results but for now this is what I have come up with.
Let me know what you think and who would you prefer in these spots? Do you think these guys were recahed on or do you believe that it's optimistic to see them here?

Last edited:
Thats Amari Cooper in that picture lol.

Good mock though. Gives Flacco the weapons he needs
Yooo, I just realized that lol. I didn't even bother looking at the pic. Thanks for the heads up.

But yeah the Ravens need to seriously consider what they have in terms of depth at the WR position because right now they're dry at that position.