• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

I should be doing my taxes mock draft

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
CLEVELAND- SAM DARNOLD
BUFFALO- JOSH ALLEN
JETS- JOSH ROSEN
CLEVELAND- BRADLEY CHUBB
DENVER- SAQUON BARKLEY
COLTS- QUENTON NELSON
TAMPA- DERWIN JAMES
CHICAGO- TREMAINE EDMUNDS
SAN FRAN- DENZEL WARD
OAKLAND- VITA VEA
MIAMI- BAKER MAYFIELD
GIANTS- ISAIAH WYNN
REDSKINS- MINKAH FITZPATRICK
PACKERS-JAIRE ALEXANDER
CARDINALS-MASON RUDOLPH

RAVENS ROUND ONE SELECTION- CALVIN RIDLEY, WR ALABAMA
View attachment 876
Ravens will take him. I'm pretty convinced we will have an opportunity to do so.
ROUND TWO SELECTION- C/G FRANK RAGNOW, ARKANSAS
View attachment 877
I've said enough about Ragnow the past few months. This time next year we will be saying, "thank God we have Frank Ragnow..." and in a year or two he will be viewed as a player that should have gone in the first round.

ROUND THREE SELECTION- KURT BENKERT, QB VIRGINIA
View attachment 878

I wouldn't take a back up this high. He will certainly benefit at least a year in our system as a back up but he has all the tools necessary to be a starter in short order and I feel he is the Kirk cousins to be found in this 2018 draft.
Incredible arm talent. Throws a deep ball sixty yards on the move and drops it in beating both the corner and safety in a place only his receiver can make a play. Just striking deep ball accuracy on display.
good pocket movement....will stay in and take a hit and deliver a strike.
Can make foolish stare down throws and will need to fix....can sometimes bail prematurely.
Made to play with sub par talent and horrendous protection.

ROUND FOUR SELECTION- KENNY YOUNG, ILB UCLA
View attachment 879
Can't believe this guy is flying under the radar. He is tailor made to play in this defense next to CJ.
terrific instincts ....trusts them...shoots the gap and blows plays up in the backfield. physical in taking on blocks. Athletic enough to chase and run down backs....takes great angles and is physical as a tackler.
smart player that understands spying out screens and backs in the flat. intuitive in coverage.

ROUND FIVE- JAVON WIMS, WR GEORGIA
View attachment 880
Wims has outstanding hands....just goes and gets it. Big time clutch player that isn't covered even when he is covered. great red zone player. I believe he is only scratching the surface.

ROUND SIX - ITO SMITH - RB SOUTHERN MISS
View attachment 881
Another little sung guy that I love. Can make plays on all three downs. Shifty back that runs with great pad level and runs harder between the tackles than you may guess with him being somewhat slight in stature. terrific hands...terrific at picking up the blitz on third downs
ROUND SIX- COMPENSATORY- RICK LEONARD- OT FLORIDA STATE
View attachment 882
local kid from Middletown, Md. Very athletic right tackle who will need a year to develop. Converted DE...nice combination of size and athleticism and has started 19 games at RT after being moved from DE position his sophomore year.

ROUND SEVEN- CAVON WALKER DE MARYLAND
View attachment 883
He could go much higher. Really promising prospect. very explosive on the film I've seen though I've had limited opportunity to view.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hahaha I love the title

Would be a great draft as well. I’ll have to go watch some film on Benkert though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
LOVE this but I think ragnow is a reach there. I don't see a plug and play starter and think he needs to develop a lot. Third though I'm fine with him

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not a fan of Ragnow in the second. He's got the physical ability, but he's a project, not a plug and play guy. Tall for interior lineman that plays tall. One of those college o-linemen that got by purely on strength rather than any real technique, and it'll show if you try to start him right away in the NFL.

Though the other picks are solid. Well, Wims will be if he proves his game speed is better than his forty time.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
LOVE this but I think ragnow is a reach there. I don't see a plug and play starter and think he needs to develop a lot. Third though I'm fine with him
Clearly I disagree concerning Ragnow.He'll start right away. But I have a feeling the Ravens would sooner draft Austin Corbett.
Not a fan of Ragnow in the second. He's got the physical ability, but he's a project, not a plug and play guy. Tall for interior lineman that plays tall. One of those college o-linemen that got by purely on strength rather than any real technique, and it'll show if you try to start him right away in the NFL.

Though the other picks are solid. Well, Wims will be if he proves his game speed is better than his forty time.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Clearly I disagree concerning Ragnow.He'll start right away. But I have a feeling the Ravens would sooner draft Austin Corbett.
Corbett could be a good fit. Probably a guard in the NFL level, but with the ability to kick out to RT if needed. Could be pretty good in our system.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Corbett could be a good fit. Probably a guard in the NFL level, but with the ability to kick out to RT if needed. Could be pretty good in our system.
He could be a great guard but I believe he's being viewed primarily as a center. He is pretty nasty and I suspect The Ravens love his versatility.