• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DeVito's Optimistic Mock Draft 1.0

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. Browns – Sam Darnold

2. Giants – Josh Rosen

3. Jets – Josh Allen

4. Browns – Saquon Barkley

5. Bills (Via Broncos) – Baker Mayfield

6. Colts – Bradley Chubb

7. Buccaneers – Quenton Nelson

8. Bears – Tremaine Edmunds

9. 49ers – Denzel Ward

10. Raiders – Minkah Fitzpatrick

11. Dolphins – Lamar Jackson

12. Broncos (Via Bills)– Calvin Ridley

13. Redskins – Derwin James

14. Packers – Vita Vea

15. Cardinals – Roquan Smith

Rd 1 – Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame

He is a RT in the league so I think its pretty fair to say McGlinchey is available at 16. I would also have no problem with Wynn or Hernandez here.

Rd 2 – Michael Gallup WR Colorado St.

Gallup is the best receiver available and we grab him before we let another good one slip through our fingers. Gallup has a high floor and that’s what we need on this team. He does literally everything well, little to no holes in his game. At worst he is a solid #2 and best case he is the #1 guy we have been praying for.

Rd 3 – Braden Smith OG Auburn

You want a guy who will fit in a power running scheme? I give you Braden Smith. Built like a tank. A little slower than one would like but with a little work he can be a very solid starter. I believe he would have no problem winning the starting job in year 1 on this team.

Rd 4 – Auden Tate WR Florida St.

We double dip on WR after not being able to bring in another FA WR. Tate is being underrated because of his lack of long speed. But no matter, he is going to be a great red zone threat and would be a perfect target for Joe.

Rd 5 – Chris Herndon TE Miami

Had Herndon not torn his MCL at the end of last season and been able to participate in the Senior Bowl and the Combine, he would be one of the more talked about TEs in this class. Limited production, but to no fault of his own. Used mainly on bubble screens at Miami to maximize his RAC ability, but put him in a vertical offense and he will shine. Has good speed and athleticism, good hands, fights through tackles like a bull, very good after the catch. Very willling blocker but needs work. Everyone that is high on Ian Thomas, should be high on Herndon (Although its hard to not really like Thomas). He will be a steal and the perfect compliment to Williams and/or Boyle.

Rd 6 – Rashaan Gaulden DB Tennessee

Criminally underrated. Doesn’t have great long speed. But that’s where his shortcomings end. Good ball skills, great instincts. Fiery competitor. Gaulden exemplifies the Raven attitude. Consistently all over the field, great on run defense. I believe if he makes the switch to safety (he played some in college) he can be a real difference maker.

Rd 6 – Ito Smith RB Southern Mississippi

Smith does it all, classic example of a RB being underrated solely because of size. But that will not stop Smith from being a play maker. He will probably be drafted prior to this pick but I am going to hold out hope.

Rd 7 – *Insert good special teams player here*

Some might want to swap one of these with an ILB but I think we might have something in Bam. Plus I haven't watched a whole lot of ILB tape so I didn't feel like randomly picking one. Hope you enjoyed. Tips are appreciated.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
1) I would tend toward Wynn or Hernandez over McGlinchey if Oline was the direction. Likely Wynn as I view him as a five for one player.
2) I love Gallup's toughness over the middle and he puts me in the mind a little of Derrick Mason so far as his route running and in how competitive he is....love him after the catch as well.
3) you lose me here....really don't see the prospect as anything more than serviceable and don't know why we would draft him with Lewis, Hurst, Siragusa, Elumonor if he isn't demonstrably better. I don't care for him here.
4) Pretty good tandem of Tate/ Gallup
Love Ito Smith...not sure where he goes.