• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Preseason Week 2 Postgame Discussion Thread

marklar

Pro Bowler
Am I getting a Likely jersey?
My Yanda jersey is getting worn and thinking of ordering something new. Travis Jones would be an option, but if Likely really is what he has looked like so far, that has to be in play.
Or a jersey with Stout on it has a nice ring to it as well ^_^

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My Yanda jersey is getting worn and thinking of ordering something new. Travis Jones would be an option, but if Likely really is what he has looked like so far, that has to be in play.
Or a jersey with Stout on it has a nice ring to it as well ^_^
too bad Jordan Stout's first name isn't Guinness.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hamilton - I know he’s supposed to be jumping off the page but he’s been handling damn near all of the defensive reps. He’s been playing deep, dime and strong, blitzing, disguising - everything and without relief. He’s done some things that have been pretty awesome and a few that were pretty meh. Very few positions demand so much knowledge and the fact that he remains in for all the downs just shows that he can handle a lot.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Hamilton - I know he’s supposed to be jumping off the page but he’s been handling damn near all of the defensive reps. He’s been playing deep, dime and strong, blitzing, disguising - everything and without relief. He’s done some things that have been pretty awesome and a few that were pretty meh. Very few positions demand so much knowledge and the fact that he remains in for all the downs just shows that he can handle a lot.
In 2 games, the only negative in coverage is he lost a guy on a scramble drill. That's not bad at all!

In 2 games playing the run, blitzing, and also just tackling receivers the only negatives are missing Malik Willis once, and 3 missed tackles. Is that great? No. Is it the end of the world? No. Is he getting better every day? Hell ya.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In 2 games, the only negative in coverage is he lost a guy on a scramble drill. That's not bad at all!

In 2 games playing the run, blitzing, and also just tackling receivers the only negatives are missing Malik Willis once, and 3 missed tackles. Is that great? No. Is it the end of the world? No. Is he getting better every day? Hell ya.
absolutely agree

Old Bay

Veteran
I could be wrong about this, but one thing to keep in mind regarding the running backs during these preseason games is we have Huntley at quarterback and I feel like teams are going to be more likely to try to stop the run and force him to make passes.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Love to see it!
0FA45026-1F58-4B67-B555-1B4CCE2CF4C6.jpeg

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
It was so fun watching the players interact as we got pretty good seats for the preseason. Calais was interacting with all fans of course. MP looked good and I saw Houston yodaing Odafe non stop. Cambell looks super thin this year. Williams is an absoute stud and was all over. Stanley seemed to be moving well. Mark andrews is always alone. Idk if I missed him but I never saw linderbaum

JAAM

Hall of Famer

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
per Chad Reuter

Kyle Hamilton

B+

Hamilton played 85 percent of the Ravens’ defensive snaps in their win over the Cardinals. He was in the box regularly, blitzing a couple of times and knocking away a red-zone throw using his 6-4 frame, 38-inch vertical leap and excellent hand-eye coordination. Hamilton shed a tight end in the run game early on and ran through a receiver block on a quick screen when near the line. He was especially impressive locking down tight ends in man coverage, including Cardinals second-round pick Trey McBride, with smooth movement and physicality.

When aligned deep, Hamilton displayed the range he showed at Notre Dame, covering the width of the field to prevent explosive plays and using long strides to angle back into the deep middle. Hamilton did the dirty work on special teams, too, blocking for punts and playing on kickoff returns and coverage. The rookie got turned around in the open field once in the first half and could not stop a third-down conversion in the open field in the fourth quarter. He also left a receiver open on a third-and-goal late in the first half, though the throw fell incomplete. Nevertheless, Hamilton showed the overall skill set that led the Ravens to select him in the first round.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Zrebiec:

It's funny. The opinion on Hamilton is much different from the coaches and the front office than it is from fans and many media members. He graded out great last night, according to the coaches. He wore the green dot, organized the defense. He had McBride, the Cardinals 2nd round rookie who was regarded as the best TE in the draft, in man to man on a handful of plays and McBride had no catches on him. He was quick to come forward in run support. Saved a TD with a pass deflection. He did miss a few tackles, but the safety position is so much more nuanced than fans and reporters can really tell from watching game. This has kind of been the case with Hamilton all summer and I'm as guilty of it as anyone. If he's not getting his hands on the football or making splash plays, I really haven't put too much stock in it. I'm not defending him or disputing what you said, but I am telling you that team officials are very excited about him based on what he's done for much of the summer.