• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joint Practice with the Rams (AND COLTS)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So the Ravens and Rams will have joint practices before the Rams game in Baltimore.

I'd just like to point out that this means that not only do Crabtree and Talib get to go at each other in a game, they also get to practice against each other for a whole week...

Chaingate round 3, 4, 5 and 6 here we go lol...

To be fair it's the first game of the preseason and they probably won't even play against each other in the game but practice is a different matter...

anyone have any thoughts on this given it's our 3rd time doing this as a team?

I think it's interesting that Bellichick uses joint practices as a better practicing preseason environment than the games - he doesnt really play starters at all in the preseason and just has them practice against another team in a controlled environment...

I wonder if this is the way the NFL will go - could joint practices eventually just replace the games by the time we hit the new CBA does anyone think we will have as many preseason games as we have now?

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Popcorn-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-8.gif

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Aside from the talib vs crabtree fun. I think thus is great for us considering the Rams are probably the most loaded team talent wise. It should be a very telling week about how competitive we will be. Either way i feel like we can learn a lot from the Rams and from ourselves in a personell standpoint early on in the year. Not from the media but from the teams perspective.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Aside from the talib vs crabtree fun. I think thus is great for us considering the Rams are probably the most loaded team talent wise. It should be a very telling week about how competitive we will be. Either way i feel like we can learn a lot from the Rams and from ourselves in a personell standpoint early on in the year. Not from the media but from the teams perspective.

absolutely - as a defence it gives our run defence probably the most dynamic weapon in the league to deal with in gurley - our linebackers have to try and deal with him in the passing game in coverage (a weakness last year) and our defence as a whole has to deal with the best offensive mind in the league in 11v11 drills + we also get to see how tavon etc. manage to deal with cooks as a number 1 weapon based out of the slot

and on offence the interior of our oline is gonna have to deal with the best interior pass rushing duo in the league and our wideouts will and joe will have to deal with an incredibly aggressive defensive backfield and an aggressive coordinator

essentially we're gonna be tested hardest in the potential/probable areas of weakness we have

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
absolutely - as a defence it gives our run defence probably the most dynamic weapon in the league to deal with in gurley - our linebackers have to try and deal with him in the passing game in coverage (a weakness last year) and our defence as a whole has to deal with the best offensive mind in the league in 11v11 drills + we also get to see how tavon etc. manage to deal with cooks as a number 1 weapon based out of the slot

and on offence the interior of our oline is gonna have to deal with the best interior pass rushing duo in the league and our wideouts will and joe will have to deal with an incredibly aggressive defensive backfield and an aggressive coordinator

essentially we're gonna be tested hardest in the potential/probable areas of weakness we have
And our young pass rusher might get some reps vs Andrew Whitworth.

And also maybe our offense can learn a few things from Mcvay....maybe...lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is either going to destroy or build the teams confidence early.

i doubt it would destroy their confidence - they'd be going up against a loaded roster full of vets with 2 of the best coordinators in the league and before they've played anything beyond an exhibition game - there is only one way this isnt a good thing to me and that's the thing that seems to happen to the ravens in training camp every year anyway lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
i doubt it would destroy their confidence - they'd be going up against a loaded roster full of vets with 2 of the best coordinators in the league and before they've played anything beyond an exhibition game - there is only one way this isnt a good thing to me and that's the thing that seems to happen to the ravens in training camp every year anyway lol

Wasn't it Donald vs Hurst last time that ended Flaccos season?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
it was matt longacre who pushed hurst over donald (who was on the floor) and hurst proceeded to fall into flacco's leg

without both those guys hurst doesnt fall over and flacco never gets rolled up on

So... does Donald get a half sack for that?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So... does Donald get a half sack for that?

no one got a sack - the ball was long gone lol which is what is extra frustrating - no one was actually going after flacco - longacre just gave hurst a final shove and he happened to be right in front of donald who'd been put on the floor by jensen and he tumbles backwards right into flacco

the irony of that whole situation was that while you'd want hurst to have not been near flacco, i dont think flacco was even under pressure or taking a statistical qb hit on that play nor was the oline really struggling - the most dangerous member of that dline was on the floor and out of the play and it was a designed quick ball out play