• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 2 Miami Dolphins @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Not like it mattered. Bateman was triple covered there. Not sure why none of the other options were not better.
Just rewatched it, he was one on one and may have been interfered with. Had the ball just made it there, even if he didn’t catch it he may have gotten the call. Regardless, Hail Mary has to be in the end zone.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Bateman was in the end zone, the ball was on like the 2 or 3. Uncatchable.

ball landed 2 or 3 yards deep into the endzone - watch it again
ball was also not far from bateman who was interfered with and coming back to the ball but blocked (having watched it again) and his dive for the ball left him basically where it landed

EDIT: in fact, watching it again im surprised the ravens didnt go absolutely ballistic at the official - they're supposed to let some jostling go with hail marys but the guy was making no effort to go after the ball

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
There needs to be an accounting of who is to blame for this horrendous collapse. Unless you can do a thorough fault analysis, this is bound to happen again, when we least expect it. If somebody is to blame for this (I refuse to accept the tired narrative of execution), then we need to drill down and see if there is a way we can overcome it. If we cannot, we need to get rid of these coaches. Now. There is no point waiting it out till this becomes habitual because teams in the NFL are going to exploit us the way the Dolphins did. Who the fuck would've believed that they would come back in the 4th quarter and put up 35 points? We stunk up the joint in our run game and in our defense. Atrocious.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm over it. I want to say the defense can't get worse but we're always an injury away. You all claim jinx. I will face any and every jinx head first rest of the season cause whatever precautions were taken aren't working. I don't know of it's been mentioned but this isn't the ideal team for a cb coming back from an acl to play first game. Or a cb with a groin injury. New defense and maybe I'm trying to cope... most likely trying to cope but they will get better and more bodies will be added... hopefully while keeping the ones we have. My biggest concern continue to the be run game until it shows any kind of life.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't stop puking after the entire coaching staff in concert with our pathetic defense destroyed my son's amazing performance by losing this game for him. He gave them a 21-point lead in the 4th quarter and how did they thank him? By giving Miami 28 points in a single quarter.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm over it. I want to say the defense can't get worse but we're always an injury away. You all claim jinx. I will face any and every jinx head first rest of the season cause whatever precautions were taken aren't working. I don't know of it's been mentioned but this isn't the ideal team for a cb coming back from an acl to play first game. Or a cb with a groin injury. New defense and maybe I'm trying to cope... most likely trying to cope but they will get better and more bodies will be added... hopefully while keeping the ones we have. My biggest concern continue to the be run game until it shows any kind of life.
I screamed at the TV when it was happening, but am over it as well. As I said earlier, you just have to look forward to the next game and go by the mantra. It's never as bad as it seems and it's also never as good as it seems.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I screamed at the TV when it was happening, but am over it as well. As I said earlier, you just have to look forward to the next game and go by the mantra. It's never as bad as it seems and it's also never as good as it seems.
I'm in the depression stage of handling my grief. A resounding win against the Pats may help in the final stage of acceptance. If they mess up, I'm back to stage 1 of the grief cycle. I am a unicorn in that regard, just like my son is a unicorn in football talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.