• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Raven's Offered Dez Bryant Multi Year Deal

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I just read this report.

He turned it down and then we signed that gamebreaker Snead.

Really wish they'd have found a way to sign Bryant. It didn't happen so now we have the Three Amigos.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
He wanted a 1 year deal and honestly I would have completely given him that 1 year deal if I were the Ravens. He goes on to have a big year, the Ravens draft a good WR and everyone is happy.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
He wanted a 1 year deal and honestly I would have completely given him that 1 year deal if I were the Ravens. He goes on to have a big year, the Ravens draft a good WR and everyone is happy.

Well, I suspect our "Blue Eye Shadow Office" offered him something like a 4yr deal, 12 million guaranteed which would have been paid in full in a year and a half, with the intent to waive him come year 3. In other words a "Boldin Deal". I'm sure Bryant's agent looked at the deal, the Raven's History and said, "Thanx but no Thanx".

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Questionable hands, depleting speed, locker room cancer, ex-Cowboy...... no thanks

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
We simply dont have the cap room to offer him a 1 year deal.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Questionable hands, depleting speed, locker room cancer, ex-Cowboy...... no thanks

really?........Really?................................................................REALLY?

well just the facts...

against your better judgement the spooks offered him a multiyear deal, that they obviously were not going to keep. (A guarantee that didn't come near the full contract value.) You gotta love that dodge and the fact that our F.O. uses it so prevalently. Consider a contract where one party is bound to a team for its length, while that other party is free to rescind the agreement at its whim.

and it wasn't the Raven's that said "no" to the "Cowboy"...
It was the Cowboy that said "no" to the Ravens.

There.... now there are no misunderstandings.

Tru11

Practice Squad

1 year deal pretty hard to fit under this years cap unless he was willing to play for next to nothing.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
1 year deal pretty hard to fit under this years cap unless he was willing to play for next to nothing.

I remember a few years back the Pats did what was technically a 1 year deal with Reevis by making it a 2 year deal with player option year 2.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Exactly. I think the only possibility that we could have made this work is if we got a Mosley extension done beforehand to free up even more cap space.

Tru11

Practice Squad
I remember a few years back the Pats did what was technically a 1 year deal with Reevis by making it a 2 year deal with player option year 2.

that is true but the deal was still pretty big.

think it was 12 mil for a year with a 7 mil cap hit in year 1.

i dont think the ravens have that much flexibility.

havent checked the latest cap status though so could be wrong.

Tru11

Practice Squad
Exactly. I think the only possibility that we could have made this work is if we got a Mosley extension done beforehand to free up even more cap space.

depends on both players asking price though.

also it would put all leverage with mosley agent as they knew we would be hella desperate to get a deal done.

if the ravens wanted to then they could have made it happen but dude probably asked to much.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
depends on both players asking price though.

also it would put all leverage with mosley agent as they knew we would be hella desperate to get a deal done.

if the ravens wanted to then they could have made it happen but dude probably asked to much.

Yeah, it wouldn't necessarily free up a ton of cap space, but maybe it could have been the difference. It's a moot point obviously and I'm fine with getting Snead instead.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm so glad Bryant saved us from ourselves by rejecting the contract. I reckon he's pretty much done.

Dez on Twitter was asked if he regetted not signing with us since he has no offers from any other team at the moment. Report is teams wouldn't even give Dez the league minimum, that's how much teams think of him right now. Anyway his response when asked if he regrets not signing with us....

Dez Bryant‏Verified account @DezBryant 53m53 minutes ago
Dez Bryant Retweeted Q Clipperhands

Nope not 1 bit and very appreciative for the offer. .. what’s crazy is how reports like this will try to tarnish someone character.. the slight jab saying it’s not easy to get along with. I thought the media would give up by now with betraying me as something that I’m not

Then someone asked him if he was retiring...

Dez Bryant‏Verified account @DezBryant 49m49 minutes ago
Dez Bryant Retweeted Anthony Mixon

No I’m not retiring.. for the record me not being signed to a team yet has a lot to do with my personal decisions.. this media is a joke

So... basically if he can't play the Cowboys twice a year he is going to moan and complain and just sit out the year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Dez on Twitter was asked if he regetted not signing with us since he has no offers from any other team at the moment. Report is teams wouldn't even give Dez the league minimum, that's how much teams think of him right now. Anyway his response when asked if he regrets not signing with us....

Dez Bryant‏Verified account @DezBryant 53m53 minutes ago
Dez Bryant Retweeted Q Clipperhands

Nope not 1 bit and very appreciative for the offer. .. what’s crazy is how reports like this will try to tarnish someone character.. the slight jab saying it’s not easy to get along with. I thought the media would give up by now with betraying me as something that I’m not

Then someone asked him if he was retiring...

Dez Bryant‏Verified account @DezBryant 49m49 minutes ago
Dez Bryant Retweeted Anthony Mixon

No I’m not retiring.. for the record me not being signed to a team yet has a lot to do with my personal decisions.. this media is a joke

So... basically if he can't play the Cowboys twice a year he is going to moan and complain and just sit out the year.

naahhh - now that he knows he's not gonna get the money he thought he might there's no point necessarily in signing right now - he'll wait like anquan boldin did every year and sign with the team he wants towards the middle/end of training camp when he can basically pick his spot but also gets to avoid most of the offseason