• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Mania's 2018 Mock Draft

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Now that we are 24 hours away from the actual draft, the anticipation is starting to come to a climax and with that, I will release my annual Ravens Mania Mock Draft for 2018.

Enjoy!

Round 1: Pick 16: Mike McGlinchey | OT | Notre Dame
The Ravens solidify the right tackle spot with a player that can cover for Ronnie Stanley. Mike McGlinchey gives the Ravens bookend tackles that will protect Joe Flacco and keep Hurst off the field.

View attachment 925

Round 2: Pick 52 Anthony Miller | WR | Memphis
The Ravens select a player with exceptional ball skills (10" hands) and outstanding quickness. If Miller was a little taller he would without question have gone in the first round, but is being penalized for his size and build (5'11 190). He has very good height and speed combination and the ability to set up his routes with sharp cutting ability. Most importantly he has heart and reminds me of Steve Smith Sr. Welcome to Baltimore, Anthony!

View attachment 926

Round 3: Pick 83: Ian Thomas | TE | Indiana
Welcome back to Baltimore, Ian Thomas. Ian Thomas has arguably the most upside of any tight end in this class, with the ability to stretch the seam and split outside the numbers. He immediately improves our tight ends.

View attachment 927

Round 4: Pick 118: Deasean Hamilton | WR | Penn State
One of the best route runners in this class, Hamilton can threaten all levels of the field has terrific hands, can track that ball and makes good adjustments in the air. Hamilton is a very hard worker and it shows in his route running.

View attachment 928

Round 5: Pick 154: Bradley Bozeman | OC | Alabama
Bradley Bozeman is a great fit for Roman's offensive blocking scheme. He has a lot of experience in pulling at Alabama and was able to lock down even the biggest defenders without help. Bozeman has the ability to start day one.

View attachment 929

Round 6: Pick 190 Akrum Wadley | RB | Iowa
Akrum Wadley is one of the shiftiest runners in college football. He has speed for the outside and the ability to run between the tackles. He has the ability to be an offensive focal point, but in our offense will provide needed depth.

View attachment 930

Round 6: Pick 215: Tavarius Moore | S | Southern Miss
I believe Tavarius Moore should go much higher in this draft and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on day two, but at this point he has been very underrated. He has the ability to cover WR in one on one situations

View attachment 931

Round 7: Pick 238: Skai Moore | LB | South Carolina
Moore is a good coverage linebackers in this draft class and has a feel for playing routes. Moore is a very good tackler and can play routes in front of him and behind him. He only missed 31 tackles in 322 career attempts.

View attachment 932

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
For round 1, it would greatly depend on who else is still on the board, but we could certainly do worst. I really like the rest of the mock.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like it, but Miller is not being penalized for his height... He's 6 ft tall.

He's being underrated for literally no reason whatsoever.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like it, but Miller is not being penalized for his height... He's 6 ft tall.

He's being underrated for literally no reason whatsoever.
actually meant to say his size (not height), thought he was 5'11 190 anyway.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
actually meant to say his size (not height), thought he was 5'11 190 anyway.
Yeah I think he came into the combine at 6' 200 which is great. I'm just waiting for the draft when the media is all surprised that Miller is taken in the first round haha. Probably wont happen but he definitely deserves it.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Your mock is very solid. It addresses many needs. The only change I would make is to take another tight end in the fourth instead of Hamilton.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is a very solid and realistic draft.
I'd sooner draft Wynn in round one but I'm ok with McGlinchey.

I really don't care for Bozeman but it's nice work outside of that.

I have one problem with our 1st.
I were watching some 2015 tapes of McGlinchey (Junior season), when he was asked to play RT, and man he looked like the last of the freshmen: bench pressed the whole day due to high anchor and lack of functional strenght; foot work in pass protection looked ok but punch was inaccurate.
Now, sure one can improve functional strenght (to a certain point, which variates from player to player and is not only a product of gym workouts) and sure his Clemson tape had him facing Dodds/Lawson (2 long ass armed guys) but from a top 15 prospect I'd expect more than that.
I'll look for more of those tapes when I'm home tonight, tho.
For the rest, love the WRs and TE picks. I honestly know less than nothing about Bozeman and I wish we target a CB like Facyson or Nelson on day 3 but that's a draft I quite like, outside of pick 1

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Appreciate the responses. At the end of the day, I was just trying to put together a mock that solved several needs why also working towards bpa, without actually doing a 7 round mock (ouch). In round one I expect Ridley, Moore and Wynn. I believe 5 QBs will go before we pick also. I believe the best defensive players, that have been mocked to us in previous mocks, and available for us to pick at 16 will be Davenport and Payne.

I'm still in favor of trading back in the first and feel Ozzie will be working the phones as our pick is approaching and they have several players they still like on their big board.

Another note: Someone is going to drop that we don't see dropping. I wouldn't be surprised at all if due to trades, Minkah or James as well as a LB are available for us at 16. It happens every year.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Appreciate the responses. At the end of the day, I was just trying to put together a mock that solved several needs why also working towards bpa, without actually doing a 7 round mock (ouch). In round one I expect Ridley, Moore and Wynn. I believe 5 QBs will go before we pick also. I believe the best defensive players, that have been mocked to us in previous mocks, and available for us to pick at 16 will be Davenport and Payne.

I'm still in favor of trading back in the first and feel Ozzie will be working the phones as our pick is approaching and they have several players they still like on their big board.

Another note: Someone is going to drop that we don't see dropping. I wouldn't be surprised at all if due to trades, Minkah or James as well as a LB are available for us at 16. It happens every year.
If Minkha dropped to 16 and we took him id be so happy cause i didnt study any of his film lmao

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Love this mock would be a dream outcome!!!

Personally think McGlinchey is going to end up going higher then expected tonight.

I love Miller, will literally be so ecstatic if we picked him

Thomas, Hamilton and Moore are great value there, I think Moore will be gone by then

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Love this mock would be a dream outcome!!!

Personally think McGlinchey is going to end up going higher then expected tonight.

I love Miller, will literally be so ecstatic if we picked him

Thomas, Hamilton and Moore are great value there, I think Moore will be gone by then
very possible that the Raiders take him