• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Best Class of 2018?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Just checked Packers draft and didn't realize they did so well for themselves. Hope the picks pan out so Rodgers doesn't retire with just one ring. Giants and Chargers had a good draft. Steelers draft was ass to me.

I don't have a clear top #1.

I like the value of every Dallas pick (except for their first). The last 2 (Wilson amd Scarbrough) may hold the highest reward if considered how cheap they came.

I hated Sutton as a prospect, but Denver draft was also solid imo. Especially RD4 with Jewell and Hamilton, for which I'm still a bit heartbroken.

Probably I would choose Indy over them both, though, as they did a great job improving the biggest weakness (OL) by adding Nelson and Smith.
I think they super reached with Leonard and I'm quite sure most of the audience worldwide did think the same as they announced the selection., but Hines, Fountain and Cain definitely even that one out. Chubb is not on the same universe of Barrett, Ramsey, Nelson, but he's more than solid.
I think they're the ones that came out the most improved overall.

I like what Chicago did. I don't really have a clear cut top draft. However, there were a few teams who I thought had flat out lousy drafts at face value: Raiders, Saints, Steelers, Seahawks. I also think the Browns could have done better with 2 picks in the top 4.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like what Chicago did. I don't really have a clear cut top draft. However, there were a few teams who I thought had flat out lousy drafts at face value: Raiders, Saints, Steelers, Seahawks. I also think the Browns could have done better with 2 picks in the top 4.
I did much better in the Forum Mock as the GM of the Raiders

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Give it a few years and we will have the best draft class :cool:

(I hope)

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Packers did really well. They got my top CB in Jackson in the 2nd round somehow, and then got Alexander in the 1st but what really set their draft over the top for me was them getting a 2019 1st round pick as well. In that way, yeah, they killed the 2018 Draft because they got great players AND got a pick next year in what I believe will be a stronger draft, and addressed their secondary holes. I'm kind of surprised they passed on James, though. I like what we did, getting Jackson and Hurst, but especially Brown and Andrews. Andrews is a guy I like quite a bit because we can use him as another WR, essentially. I also like Brown because he was very productive and I think we could use Hurst inside now to compete. Hell, maybe he'll get a shot at C, lol. At the very least, he'll confuse teams when he and Hayden are on the field. I also like what the Giants did with Barkley, but the Steelers didn't impress me much beyond Washington. Rudolph has talent but he's one of those guys that give me caution due to the Big 12.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I haven't even talked to him about it, but I liked the Cardinals' class for the same reason @Lost_In_Translation does. From what I've seen I think Rosen is the best QB in the class and if that turns out to be the case nothing else in their draft haul matters.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I haven't even talked to him about it, but I liked the Cardinals' class for the same reason @Lost_In_Translation does. From what I've seen I think Rosen is the best QB in the class and if that turns out to be the case nothing else in their draft haul matters.
Yeah, Rosen is great as long as his attitude is right and he doesn’t have concussion problems at the next level. His accuracy is awesome.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Packers did really well. They got my top CB in Jackson in the 2nd round somehow, and then got Alexander in the 1st but what really set their draft over the top for me was them getting a 2019 1st round pick as well. In that way, yeah, they killed the 2018 Draft because they got great players AND got a pick next year in what I believe will be a stronger draft, and addressed their secondary holes. I'm kind of surprised they passed on James, though. I like what we did, getting Jackson and Hurst, but especially Brown and Andrews. Andrews is a guy I like quite a bit because we can use him as another WR, essentially. I also like Brown because he was very productive and I think we could use Hurst inside now to compete. Hell, maybe he'll get a shot at C, lol. At the very least, he'll confuse teams when he and Hayden are on the field. I also like what the Giants did with Barkley, but the Steelers didn't impress me much beyond Washington. Rudolph has talent but he's one of those guys that give me caution due to the Big 12.
i thought Barkley at 2 was dumb. They can get a kings ransom for darnold and get WAYYY more to win a SB with eli than a single fucking RB, or get a franchise qb for when Eli is gone... instead they get a RB. If they don't win a SB spearheaded by Barkley then that's a dumb ass pick imo

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
i thought Barkley at 2 was dumb. They can get a kings ransom for darnold and get WAYYY more to win a SB with eli than a single fucking RB, or get a franchise qb for when Eli is gone... instead they get a RB. If they don't win a SB spearheaded by Barkley then that's a dumb ass pick imo
You think that anyone wanted to trade up with them, though? I don't disagree that it would've been awesome to trade down, because the top-6 was loaded with amazing talent this year, but maybe nobody wanted to trade up to 2 to do it or maybe nobody wanted to pay their asking price?

Not to mention they don't have the o-line to maximize his potential like Dallas did.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Give it a few years and we will have the best draft class :cool:

(I hope)
Even if we don't end up with the best one, the Ravens could end up with the most steals of the draft. We have a bunch of late day 2 and day 3 guys that will likely be starters or at least getting plenty of playing time.

To be fair, they did then draft Hernandez in the 2nd. That makes a pretty big difference when it comes to their line's run blocking ability.
A rookie guard isn’t elevating them to a level that justifies taking a rb 2nd overall. Who btw is going to be one of the highest paid players at his position coming into the league as rookie.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
You think that anyone wanted to trade up with them, though? I don't disagree that it would've been awesome to trade down, because the top-6 was loaded with amazing talent this year, but maybe nobody wanted to trade up to 2 to do it or maybe nobody wanted to pay their asking price?

Gettleman was so sure about Saquon that he didn't want to field offers for the pick. He was taking him no matter what.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
A rookie guard isn’t elevating them to a level that justifies taking a rb 2nd overall. Who btw is going to be one of the highest paid players at his position coming into the league as rookie.
They beefed up O line in free agency, too. Took a shot at Lauletta as a project QB. Sorted out their linebackers through FA + draft, DL, too.