• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Returning from IR

Tank

Hall of Famer
So I didn't think about until looking at the list of guys coming off of IR, but there's a bunch of talent/potential talent returning. Who do you think will beast? Who may be a potential bust?

DIxon
Lewis
McClellan
Siragusa
Smith
Urban
White
Yanda
Young

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I really like Tavon Young. I would love to have a healthy Young back. It will be great to get Yanda back. Yanda may be the most needed.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Tavon and Nico are the ones I want to see. Hope Nico could be the beast I thought he's be and just need Tavon to return to form. Confident Yanda will be fine and worried about these constant leg injuries do ally beginning to disrupt Jimmy. For the most part the rest are meh to me.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
Tavon has been a favorite of mine since we drafted him so it will be good to get him back and I hope he picks up where he left off. I'm really intrigued by what Urban may bring to the table. He showed some pass rush potential in 2016 and could be of great help.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So I didn't think about until looking at the list of guys coming off of IR, but there's a bunch of talent/potential talent returning. Who do you think will beast? Who may be a potential bust?

DIxon
Lewis
McClellan
Siragusa
Smith
Urban
White
Yanda
Young

So we know that jimmy and Yanda are great but old so they may not come back the same - but I think it’s likely they are at least ok

The excitement for me comes from the fact that we know urban and young are good young players who can start for our team

We’ve seen a fair amount from dixon too albeit not enough yet to say for sure but enough for it to be reasonable to maybe be excited for his return

Lewis we know is ok but could be a lot better given how he’s bigger now (and hopefully fully healthy)

And siragusa is a complete wildcard - essentially a free extra draft pick

I know some people are excited about white but I really think people might have bought into the training camp reports stuff a bit too much - I just think he’s as much of a wildcard but with less pedigree than siragusa

But it’s crazy that we have 2 starting OL (maybe 3), 2 starting corners, 1 (maybe) starting rb and 1 starting dl

We have at least 5 starters returning from i/r - that’s crazy

Simba

Staff Member
Hill is kind of a long shot to make the 53 man roster.

With how late he got hurt, I don't think he's a long shot as much as he's pretty much a sure fire PUP guy. Makes a ton of sense - give him time to recover fully and he can return midseason when there's bound to be an injury. They didn't wait on him to get healthy for the first few weeks of the season last year for nothing.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
With how late he got hurt, I don't think he's a long shot as much as he's pretty much a sure fire PUP guy. Makes a ton of sense - give him time to recover fully and he can return midseason when there's bound to be an injury. They didn't wait on him to get healthy for the first few weeks of the season last year for nothing.
I agree. Worst case he becomes an insurance policy for us when someone gets hurt at whatever position. He’s a free man in waiting for the team, essentially, for most of the year.

Tank

Hall of Famer
So we know that jimmy and Yanda are great but old so they may not come back the same - but I think it’s likely they are at least ok

The excitement for me comes from the fact that we know urban and young are good young players who can start for our team

We’ve seen a fair amount from dixon too albeit not enough yet to say for sure but enough for it to be reasonable to maybe be excited for his return

Lewis we know is ok but could be a lot better given how he’s bigger now (and hopefully fully healthy)

And siragusa is a complete wildcard - essentially a free extra draft pick

I know some people are excited about white but I really think people might have bought into the training camp reports stuff a bit too much - I just think he’s as much of a wildcard but with less pedigree than siragusa

But it’s crazy that we have 2 starting OL (maybe 3), 2 starting corners, 1 (maybe) starting rb and 1 starting dl

We have at least 5 starters returning from i/r - that’s crazy
Yeah, at least 5 and possibly 8 or 9. Definitely crazy and will make for an extremely competitive camp.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Dixon, Yanda, and Young are big returns. Dixon is a starting caliber RB and he’s our #2 guy. Yanda even if he’s only at 80% is still our best o linemen. And young is just a damn good CB.

Siragusa is a wild card but if fully healthy he’s goonf to be a starter at LG or C

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm a bit worried about Dixon just because of how much time he's missed so far in his career, but hopefully he can turn it around and get on the field. A trio of Collins, Dixon, and Buck could be really fun to watch.

Other than that, I'm most excited about Young. He'll be a playmaker on the defensive side of the ball if he can just stay healthy. With all of our depth in the secondary, opposing quarterbacks are going to be forced to make some tight throws and Young will get plenty of opportunities to make some plays.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like Tavon Young. I would love to have a healthy Young back. It will be great to get Yanda back. Yanda may be the most needed.
I don't think Jaylen Hill makes the roster this year. Tavon Young, Averett, Jimmy Smith and our #1 pick from last year are going to make a really strong CB group.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Very intrigued by White. He was a blast to watch last summer so I'm definitely excited for him.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Very intrigued by White. He was a blast to watch last summer so I'm definitely excited for him.
Yeah, went to the open practice at The Bank last summer and Tim was impressive, catching everything that came his way, looked like he was in his element. Could really surprise.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, went to the open practice at The Bank last summer and Tim was impressive, catching everything that came his way, looked like he was in his element. Could really surprise.
I'm hoping maybe we keep 7 receivers this year.

Crab
Brown
Snead
Scott
Lasley
White
Moore

If it's just the typical 6 though, and if White looks like he did last year id rather keep him than Moore. Moore has hit his ceiling and it's nothing more than a special teamer (a good one at that) and a 4th or 5th WR with bad hands. I'd like to think that if White outplays him that Moore isn't safe just because of special teams. I think White could step up on ST too though.

Simba

Staff Member
I'm hoping maybe we keep 7 receivers this year.

Crab
Brown
Snead
Scott
Lasley
White
Moore

If it's just the typical 6 though, and if White looks like he did last year id rather keep him than Moore. Moore has hit his ceiling and it's nothing more than a special teamer (a good one at that) and a 4th or 5th WR with bad hands. I'd like to think that if White outplays him that Moore isn't safe just because of special teams. I think White could step up on ST too though.

I'd be shocked if Moore doesn't make it for ST reasons alone. Yeah, he's definitely questionable as a WR but he's probably a top 3 gunner in the league. He had a legit argument for all-pro/pro bowl honors last year. We've seen for years that the backend of the roster is ST oriented.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'd be shocked if Moore doesn't make it for ST reasons alone. Yeah, he's definitely questionable as a WR but he's probably a top 3 gunner in the league. He had a legit argument for all-pro/pro bowl honors last year. We've seen for years that the backend of the roster is ST oriented.
We'll also need new returner and White looked decent there before the injury.