• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Returning from IR

Simba

Staff Member
As in "anybody will be able to do it" or you mean something else?

Hard to really know at this point. No idea what the new kickoff rule is going to look like. The good thing is that White does punts as well, but if the kick returner spot is basically devalued, are they going to use a roster spot for a guy that might get 5 plays per game?

For what it's worth, I'm not discounting White's ability to make the roster. I hope he does because I really liked him. My qualm was more in him making it at expense of Moore. History under Harbaugh shows that ST in king, especially when a guy like Moore participates on all units.

Yanda and Tavon are no brainers

IMO Dixon is our most complete RB and if he stayed healthy I absolutely thought he was the teams number one back last season. Us not spending a pick on a RB tells me he’s still part of the plan.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd be shocked if Moore doesn't make it for ST reasons alone. Yeah, he's definitely questionable as a WR but he's probably a top 3 gunner in the league. He had a legit argument for all-pro/pro bowl honors last year. We've seen for years that the backend of the roster is ST oriented.

A thing to mention with regards to Moore and White is that white also was looking like a top notch gunner last offseason and that was his prime value to Jerry rosberg - if he can be a gunner and also a returner he’s got a chance to compete with Moore

But yeah it’s absolutely between those 2 (and maybe Quincy) for the 6th wr spot unless one of the draft picks looks awful or we get an injury

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
A thing to mention with regards to Moore and White is that white also was looking like a top notch gunner last offseason and that was his prime value to Jerry rosberg - if he can be a gunner and also a returner he’s got a chance to compete with Moore

But yeah it’s absolutely between those 2 (and maybe Quincy) for the 6th wr spot unless one of the draft picks looks awful or we get an injury

yep