• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens roster 2018

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I liked Ortiz but I guess the move makes sense with everything that has happened.

The Greek

Veteran
i just cannot get excited about the wr group. the main piece is crabtree and if he were to miss time than we are back to square one with having a weak unit. if snead and brown turn in maclin type seasons then again the passing game suffers. even though dez turned down a contract offer from us i would still inquire about him since he is not getting much interest like he thought he would. i would not break our small bank for him but if it were a cap friendly deal than lets get it done.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He’s set up with his avocado farm anyway lol
He doesn’t need football - not that that softens the blow for him...
He should prob just become the primary avocado supplier from the ravens. Long run he’d make more money that way.

With how good those things are for you....

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i just cannot get excited about the wr group. the main piece is crabtree and if he were to miss time than we are back to square one with having a weak unit. if snead and brown turn in maclin type seasons then again the passing game suffers. even though dez turned down a contract offer from us i would still inquire about him since he is not getting much interest like he thought he would. i would not break our small bank for him but if it were a cap friendly deal than lets get it done.

That’s the risk with the signings obviously - Crabtree is the most reliable in terms of availability- that’s always going to be a risk

We’ve got 2 young rookies also who might contribute as well as Chris Moore

It’s not a flashy corps but I’d be stunned if all 5 failed which is why we brought in so many new guys: to diversify our investment in the position and reduce the risk by spreading it around

And the ship has sailed on dez now - we’ve got Snead in stead who’s a better fit with what we’ve brought in too

And I’ve been thinking on this more the last day or so but I fully expect lasley to get the opportunity to fail on the field this year because chris Moore isn’t scaring teams over the top and John Brown isn’t necessarily going to be reliable so I foresee us throwing lasley in early especially if he doesn’t show drops in camp because without brown and him our offence has no real big play deep threat