• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

How We Use Jackson in Year One

I think he probably sits most if not all of the season if RG3 is kept. I think most gimmicky package stuff will go to RG3.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would really like to echo the opinions of those who say to let him sit. I would prefer we not use him in any gimmick offense. I would rather keep him healthy and safe than risk some crazy injury with our injury history and luck.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
While the prevailing opinion seems to be that Jackson should sit, it doesn't at this point seem as if the Ravens necessarily feel that way at all.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
While the prevailing opinion seems to be that Jackson should sit, it doesn't at this point seem as if the Ravens necessarily feel that way at all.
Literally all of what you're saying is speculation. Unless it comes straight from Harbaughs mouth I don't care. Stop being so influenced by the media.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't mind seeing Lamar on the field, providing he's on some well devised plays, not some shit wild cat just for sake of seeing him in games.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Literally all of what you're saying is speculation. Unless it comes straight from Harbaughs mouth I don't care. Stop being so influenced by the media.

“We do it in the laboratory,” Harbaugh smiled. “Obviously, we’ve had coaches who have had a lot of experience with that, so that’s helpful to us. We do it on the practice field. We ran a lot of stuff out here today you guys probably saw. We’re going to always try to get our players making plays for us, and Lamar is a guy that can help us win games.”

Tru11

Practice Squad
i agree with the first sentiment - but there are certainly situations where he could and should get snaps if they come to pass (be they week 17 starts or coming in at the end of a game in garbage time etc.) but certainly as much as it would be exciting to get him on the field i dont really want to overload him with trick plays and packages that he'll never run when he actually takes over the offence - let him learn how to play Ravens QB, let him learn the playbook, let him work on his pocket footwork etc. and let him focus on those things and have them become 2nd nature for him rather than getting him to run trick plays or whatever

that being said if we slowly install packages for him that will eventually be part of the offence and we decide to run them occasionally then im cool with that because that's a natural part of his progression anyway

i dont get the garbage time sentiment quite frankly unless the plan is to run up the score and have him pass.

not much to learn for calling run plays or taking a knee.

if we down by few scores then sure why not although we might end up in an awkward situation if he does pretty well.

week 17 sure although playing with back ups against starters might not be ideal.
its been a while though since we have been in this situation , so id certainly sign up for it !!!!