• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

big picture; looking at the future

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
One thing we gotta remember is the CBA ends at the end of 2020 and I'd heard Mosley only wanted a deal until the end of this so I don't believe we'd get backloaded contracts that go past the deadline. Its nice to see OTC says we'd have 32.6 mil in cap space which is sweet and right now only slightly above 1 mil in dead money. Jimmy is gonna be the critical contract we have to deal with. A straight cut would save us 9.5 mil but also accrue over 6 mil in dead money. Even with an extension it wouldn't save us a lot imo. Yanda and Weddle could also be looked at for extensions but they are getting old so I don't know. I'd probally would just let them play it out. Willie Snead I would love to give an extension to. Like you said Zadarius is gone. Somebody gonna overpay but Mosley is also gonna be tough so we may have to tag him and then either sign or work a trade (2nd rd maybe). Urban probally gone too. Suggs if he wants to play we gotta resign and I'd give him a 2 yr contract and just guarantee the whole damn thing. We will resign one of the TE's ( I would prefer Maxx ). John Brown I think is a nessassity and if he stays healthy all year it'd be nice to give him a solid contract ( 7.5 mil avg? ) Buck Allen? Yeah sure why not. I do believe we can sign one big ticket FA if we don't resign Mosley.
I agree with everything you are saying except John Brown. Not sure we will be able to get him for 7.5m but that would be great if we can. I'm thinking we may be able to sign him for 3 yr 27 to 30m. I'm certainly hoping you are right with 7.5m though

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree with everything you are saying except John Brown. Not sure we will be able to get him for 7.5m but that would be great if we can. I'm thinking we may be able to sign him for 3 yr 27 to 30m. I'm certainly hoping you are right with 7.5m though

if donte moncrief can get almost 10m (albeit on a 1 year deal) and paul richardson can get an 8m/yr contract then i think john brown can be looking at 3 years 30m especially if he agrees a high-incentive-based contract with slightly lower overall guarantees but fully guaranteed 2nd year base salary protection for injuries - i think that's the kind of deal that most teams in the nfl would do for him

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
if donte moncrief can get almost 10m (albeit on a 1 year deal) and paul richardson can get an 8m/yr contract then i think john brown can be looking at 3 years 30m especially if he agrees a high-incentive-based contract with slightly lower overall guarantees but fully guaranteed 2nd year base salary protection for injuries - i think that's the kind of deal that most teams in the nfl would do for him

I wouldn't have a problem with this but I'm not sure he's gonna get truly big numbers this year and I like the way you guarantee his 2nd yr right before the end of the CBA.

I'd also heard when the CBA was first constructed the players had the option of bowing out 2 yrs before the CBA ended like the owners had in the previous CBA. Do you or anybody else know anything about this?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wouldn't have a problem with this but I'm not sure he's gonna get truly big numbers this year and I like the way you guarantee his 2nd yr right before the end of the CBA.

I'd also heard when the CBA was first constructed the players had the option of bowing out 2 yrs before the CBA ended like the owners had in the previous CBA. Do you or anybody else know anything about this?

i dont know anything about this - ive heard interviews with heads at the NFLPA that its not out of the question that if relations are good and a deal isnt collectively bargained in time that they would be able to agree a temporary continuation of the current CBA but that would rely on good relations which i dont think is ever on the table really if Roger Goodell is on the other side - everything will be seen as a battle rather than a symbiotic negotiation (and that's on the owners tbh)

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Jon Brown is getting >$10M/year. I don’t think that’s a bold prediction at all.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it was another thread here where I think the Ravens 4 years 40-44 million just to keep him from FA where he will certainly get that.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Speaking about the future we really need an ILB who can cover these TE. It’s been a thorn in our side for years and probably at least half a decade.