• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 RB Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Was not expecting that this thread would be as important as it may end up being...

JK's injury (and then continued struggles coming back from injury), Gus's injury and large cap hit in 2023 and then the fact that everyone other back is a free agent and we didn't add one (other than Tyler Badie who didn't even make the 53 in 2022) means we could really do with adding some young talent to the group.

Seen people talk about Bijan Robinson like he's Saquon Barkley.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If Drake wants to come back on a cheap deal, cool. If not, he can bounce too. Wouldn't mind double-dipping in the mid-rounds depending on how the board looks like.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If Drake wants to come back on a cheap deal, cool. If not, he can bounce too. Wouldn't mind double-dipping in the mid-rounds depending on how the board looks like.
unless we trade back and acquire more picks, I don't see us double dipping unless they truly are that much better than the next player on the board.

We only have 5 picks

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
well im not grading bijan robinson right now - but dear god did he take all my attention away from the guy i was trying to grade

unbelievable
We can pick him and give him the ball less than fifteen times a game, even if he averages ten yards a touch.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
well im not grading bijan robinson right now - but dear god did he take all my attention away from the guy i was trying to grade

unbelievable
He doesn't look so impressive to me. It's all vs big 12. In two games vs SEC teams, he averaged 3.5 and 2.7 y per carry and 2.7 was a middle of the pack Bama D. He'll not find those holes through the middle in pro game and goes down on contact much easier than a guy that big should.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He doesn't look so impressive to me. It's all vs big 12. In two games vs SEC teams, he averaged 3.5 and 2.7 y per carry and 2.7 was a middle of the pack Bama D. He'll not find those holes through the middle in pro game and goes down on contact much easier than a guy that big should.

im not seeing the down on contact stuff that you are - but tbf ive not done grading yet just observing him while watching some defensive players

seems like he's breaking multiple tackles every single carry even if it's only a 2 yard carry

ive been mostly impressed with the vision, the traits and the ability to make YAC so far - ill obviously have more to go on when i actually get round to grading him though

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

unbelievable
Lost is on the Bijan Robinson band right now. He thinks we should take him

Well i think i just found one of my first big draft crushes

Tyjae Spears... his ability to cut with explosion and his flexibility and vision through the hole (and in space too) is nuts - not a big guy for sure, but consistently breaking tackles in college and definitely making people miss

fun fun fun film

and then he went and dominated the senior bowl

Agreed. I haven’t dove into film on him but I seen his season highlights and the senior bowl stuff and just think a backfield with him and Lamar would be nuts lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Well i think i just found one of my first big draft crushes

Tyjae Spears... his ability to cut with explosion and his flexibility and vision through the hole (and in space too) is nuts - not a big guy for sure, but consistently breaking tackles in college and definitely making people miss

fun fun fun film

and then he went and dominated the senior bowl
@JAAM , a mid-round or late round #SIIE can't hurt nobody.

JAAM

Hall of Famer