• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Preseason Recap

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Quick rookie recap since this is all I care about but I'm way too lazy to make a LiT like article:

*Hurst: Even if he misses time I don't see how he doesn't shatter every TE rookie records. He's already a pivotal part of our offense and will get involved early and often. Whether he was your TE1 or not in the draft, this is the case of a perfect fit that washes away any type of concern.

*Jackson: I wish I could write a big ass paragraph for him, but long story short, he's met expectations. Everything is there for him to succeed. The important thing will be that the game slows down for him. He will need to do a better job reading defenses pre snap, and show better touch and mechanics on some throws, but it'll come. He has progressed like a realistic person would have hoped. The early signs are good.

*Zeus: I expect him to make a big impact. He's going to be the bulldozer of our OLine, the tonesetter, and that's even accounting for the fact that he'll play next to a HoF OG. Yes he'll have some tough games in pass pro but it won't be worse than Howard, so there's really no caveat.

Andrews: I think the expectation for his first year should be to see playing time in packages that would allow him to make some plays here and there. He can really be a playmaker, but don't expect it to be on a consistent basis for a rookie.

Averett: He might start during the season. He isn't without flaws but the physicality and the athleticism he plays with make up for it. He has been no less than dominant this preseason and nothing indicates that it was a fluke.

Young: He's been much better than anticipated. I still believe he is subject to a lot of mental mistakes, but you can scheme him to not think to much and be in a chase role, in which case he could make an impact, because his closing speed is special.

Yeah I'll stop there. This is as rich and promising a draft class as you'll find, but the regular season is a different story, so we'll see when we get there.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tim Williams- Man he was good. He looks way faster than last year and just seems in line for some serious playing time this year unless...

ZDS- He also looked good and I know people will hate to hear it but he seems like he has taken a step forward as a player who will certainly be getting snaps at rushing the passer

Bowser- Did not get a lot of big snaps due to that minor injury but what I saw I loved and I pound the table for this guy day in and day out because he will be great

Suggs- Good to see the man still has it

Correa- Poor guy finally puts it together getting to play his natural position and he ends up getting traded to the guy who played him out of position in the first place... he might be cursed

Perriman- Looked surprisingly solid. I would not be surprised if he had a decent year somewhere but I dont wanna pound the table for the guy who burned me last year

Brown- Man I am looking forward to seeing the connection between him and Flacco

Flacco- He looked great this preseason. I dont have any complaints about any of his snaps.

Zues Jr- He should be starting at RT game one and if not somehow has gone completely insane

Skura- This guy just cannot handle strong rushers. He just gets pushed over so easily its insulting.

Jackson- Well he can certainly run and his throws to TEs look nice but the amount of just awful looking throws is clear proof that anyone who thought there was a chance he could unseat Flacco this year was insane. I would almost say he might need 2 years because while you do not need to throw a great deep ball you need to at least be able to throw a mid range ball and he just cannot yet, but man he can make some great plays with his feet.

Hurst- Hope he gets back soon because he is going to be blowing people away. He can run strong routes, he can catch, and he can block. Getting him where we did was a blessing.

Andrews- I do not know what to think of him yet. Good final preseason game but other than that I did not see much

Lasley/Scott- Man they looked bad. I group them together because they both looked like they could not catch a ball to save there lives and left points on the board because of that.