• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Ravens Cut Thread

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Siragusa >>> Eluemenor. Back when we drafted them and even now in preseason.

Ive felt good about Siragusa since he was drafted and think losing him would be a mistake. Eluemunor has some upside, sure, but he's definitely not a great depth player now.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ive felt good about Siragusa since he was drafted and think losing him would be a mistake. Eluemunor has some upside, sure, but he's definitely not a great depth player now.
Siragusa has been waived IR, which will likely place him on IR, per Rotoworld

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
No big surprises for me so far. I just hope we can get a trade done for Vedvik instead of cutting him.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
No big surprises for me so far. I just hope we can get a trade done for Vedvik instead of cutting him.
Unfortunately don’t see it happening at this point.

I’ve seen people mention it, but why wouldn’t a team consider using one man as both their punter and kicker? It just seems like it makes so much sense if one guy could do both well and save a roster spot. Cool idea, but I guess will never happen.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I’ve seen people mention it, but why wouldn’t a team consider using one man as both their punter and kicker? It just seems like it makes so much sense if one guy could do both well and save a roster spot. Cool idea, but I guess will never happen.
Probably to save his leg.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Its even more than that, its an extra body active on game day.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well the McClellan release was the second player of note to be cut so it seems as though we are going to start getting into the borderline players area.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tim White cut per Kasinitz. I wonder if that means Grant is going to be the returner moving forward?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
cameron lee has been cut too so the Ravens are only keeping 8 OL from in house... may find some other options off waivers etc. but it opens up an extra spot at another position group that i wasnt expecting
I originally thought 9, but more recently I had changed it to 8, so I’m not surprised.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tim White cut per Kasinitz. I wonder if that means Grant is going to be the returner moving forward?

yeah neither showed much - grant had a great return but fumbled at the end but otherwise did only ok - im half way between thinking its grant or whether the ravens think we can get away with chris moore returning kicks and someone else returning punts (albeit whoever that is will be out of practice lol)

jboy19

Pro Bowler
yeah neither showed much - grant had a great return but fumbled at the end but otherwise did only ok - im half way between thinking its grant or whether the ravens think we can get away with chris moore returning kicks and someone else returning punts (albeit whoever that is will be out of practice lol)

As long as we don't bring Devin Hester back from the grave again, I'm cool with taking a risk on a return guy off waivers.