• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Ravens Practice Squad

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Practice Squad players make $7,600 per week in 2018. Not bad

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This year, Baltimore — along with seven other teams — will receive an international player practice squad exemption as part of the International Player Pathway program. For the Ravens, German fullback Christopher Ezelea — who has been with the team since May — will join the practice squad as the 11th man.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Goose 2.0 signed to PS.
He lacked lower body strength needed coming from his massive knee injury. A year on the practice squad with a late season call up is just what the doctor ordered.

They were limiting Goose in the preseason and not giving him anything he couldn’t handle. They didn’t have him pulling or getting to the second level. They knew they could hide this in the preseason but wouldn’t be able to during the season.

If another team comes calling, I’m sure he will be brought up to the 53 man roster.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
I like that we've managed to add some of the guys that were cut. That's interesting news regarding Cyrus Jones. I was shocked when he went in the second round but quite liked him as a return guy coming out of college.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Practice squad at the moment as far as i can tell:

DB/Returner Cyrus Jones
OT Randin Crecilius
OG Nico Siragusa
WR Tim White
RB De'Lance Turner

+

FB Christopher Ezelea

That's a nice looking practice squad with developmental players who could progress
Nico can sit there and get healthier and still keep practicing within our system
Tim White and Cyrus Jones offer different returner options as well as White offering some depth at slot receiver if he stays there
Crecilius is the classic ravens practice squad tackle that probably wont go anywhere or ever make the 53 but we always keep one or two (see deondre wesley, stephane nembot etc.)
De'lance turner is interesting only because he signed quicker than edwards and thompson - i think athletically he's the one most likely to become something in the league - thompson did well when he reversed the field but also showed a distinct lack of athleticism to actually threaten defences (albeit he has the best pass blocking skills out of the 3 udfa rbs we brought in) - i have a feeling edwards will get signed too but i imagine its taking longer just because of his injury that kept him out of preseason game 4

rossihunter2

Staff Member
DmHDBBVX0AMkjCV.jpg:large

per the Ravens...
we can still add 3 more players
EDIT: 1 of those players will be Cyrus Jones when he gets to Baltimore and signs

Darren Waller and Myles Humphrey were the previously unannounced players - both make a huge amount of sense

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Does Jones offer any value on defense?

he hasnt really played enough to tell - he's never really made an impact but also didnt play through injury for his whole 2nd season
all we have on film is his first year where he had some problems with ball security on punt returns (important to note he had no such problems at bama but for some reason or another they started in new england)

there's probably some upside value as a depth slot corner and special teams player (specifically as a returner) but the practice squad is the perfect place for him right now

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
he hasnt really played enough to tell - he's never really made an impact but also didnt play through injury for his whole 2nd season
all we have on film is his first year where he had some problems with ball security on punt returns (important to note he had no such problems at bama but for some reason or another they started in new england)

there's probably some upside value as a depth slot corner and special teams player (specifically as a returner) but the practice squad is the perfect place for him right now
He should be fine after a full year of practice while healthy. Return drops are of no concern - those balls were deflated.