• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Predictions Thread

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think anyone has anything to worry about, especially with their putrid offense thats always consistently unclutch.
Consistently unclutch until the last game of the season on 4th and 12...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
yes and yes - add those two to tyler boyd and Aj Green and that's a tough group to stop
And joe mixon is a prime breakout candidate. Bengals in certain ways scare me a hell of a lot more than the Steelers.

Good news is that Dalton is this generation's Matt Schaub and will ruin it in the playoffs, but let's not pretend the Bengals are some pushover. They have some firepower on offense with a much improved line and a very goodd defense. If they had Andrew Luck as their QB instead of Dalton they'd be a super bowl team

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
And joe mixon is a prime breakout candidate. Bengals in certain ways scare me a hell of a lot more than the Steelers.

Good news is that Dalton is this generation's Matt Schaub and will ruin it in the playoffs, but let's not pretend the Bengals are some pushover. They have some firepower on offense with a much improved line and a very goodd defense. If they had Andrew Luck as their QB instead of Dalton they'd be a super bowl team
You’re reaching.

VERY good defense is a bit much.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You’re reaching.

VERY good defense is a bit much.
Vontaze when he comes back is a good player.
Atkins is a stud
Andrew Billings is coming on.
Dunlap is a pro bowl caliber pass rusher
Carl Lawson is a damn good pass rusher
Jackson, Kirkpatrick, Shawn Williams, good secondary.

They have a lot of really good pass rushers. That run defense worries me, but so does ours.

Don't sleep on them

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Atkins is a stud

They have a lot of really good pass rushers. That run defense worries me, but so does ours.

Don't sleep on them
Wtf are you smoking. They have a good Dline. That’s it.

Outside of Burfict who’s out for 4 games their LB group is fucking awful.

William Jackson is the only good player in their secondary. Naming their other players doesn’t do anything. Shawn Williams is a fucking scrub. Kirkpatrick is a below average CB. Their secondary is very mediocre.

And you said their Oline is much improved. LMFAO have you seen their Oline. Like 3/5 of their Oline is absolute shit. I could beat the right side of their line.

Please just stop. Having a good defensive line does not make you a good football team. They are going to finish in last.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Wtf are you smoking. They have a good Dline. That’s it.

Outside of Burfict who’s out for 4 games their LB group is fucking awful.

William Jackson is the only good player in their secondary. Naming their other players doesn’t do anything. Shawn Williams is a fucking scrub. Kirkpatrick is a below average CB. Their secondary is very mediocre.

And you said their Oline is much improved. LMFAO have you seen their Oline. Like 3/5 of their Oline is absolute shit. I could beat the right side of their line.

Please just stop. Having a good defensive line does not make you a good football team. They are going to finish in last.
Cordy Glenn, Billy Price, and Clint Boling are all good players on the oline. Glenn and Price are massive upgrades from what they had last year. Williams had a down year last year but he's historically a good player and is a massive bounce back candidate and Kirkpatrick is a solid corner. The right side of the line does need some work and is the clear weakness of that offense.

combine an improved oline with massive firepower, a good front seven as a whole with some good pieces in the secondary and some bounce back candidates. Sorry, that team doesn't suck as bad. If they lose again it'll be because Dalton and Marv.

Which means they'll lose again because Dalton and Marv.

Lord please give Andrew Luck a real team.

I expect them to at least come in third in the division even with the Browns' improvements. And then sit at the bottom of the division when the Browns start Baker full time and he wills the Browns to playoff losses.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Atkins is a stud

Don't sleep on them
as ravens fans we cant sleep on any team in our div. we have played way too many close games

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Bengals don’t scare me unless it’s a clutch moment. We can’t stop them on a final game deciding drive to save our fucking lives. Joe mixon really worries me, I hate that disgusting piece of filth but he is a perennial pro bowl type of talent and if he keeps his head on straight he will hurt us every single time we face him. I don’t worry much about their WRs, I think Humphrey can punish Ross with ease, I think a healthy jimmy handles AJ green, and I think Tavon was the missing ingredient on 4th and 12 obviously as a slot receiver beat us and young would’ve been in Canadys place there. Eifert and mixon scare the hell out of me and their front does as well. I’m worried about Jordan Willis potentially finding his potential.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bengals don’t scare me unless it’s a clutch moment. We can’t stop them on a final game deciding drive to save our fucking lives. Joe mixon really worries me, I hate that disgusting piece of filth but he is a perennial pro bowl type of talent and if he keeps his head on straight he will hurt us every single time we face him. I don’t worry much about their WRs, I think Humphrey can punish Ross with ease, I think a healthy jimmy handles AJ green, and I think Tavon was the missing ingredient on 4th and 12 obviously as a slot receiver beat us and young would’ve been in Canadys place there. Eifert and mixon scare the hell out of me and their front does as well. I’m worried about Jordan Willis potentially finding his potential.

At least Pees is no longer here to throw games. I think the Bengals are probably better than a lot of people think, but I expect us to get some revenge this season. I think the Bengals will be battling the Browns for 3rd place in the division.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
LFW on br.com has carried together all raven based predictions. Some of them are just smh... even Wizard's famous season prediction was better.
Im seeing some faith in the bengals around here, im very puzzled as to why
Bengals know how to stack regular season wins, their DL is scary (Lawson, Dunlap, Geno, Billings) and their secondary isn't as bad as some of you wrote.
We have Marty as OC. His situational play calling is still questionable, i.e. calling numerous toss sweeps out of the shotgun on 3rd/4th & 1. The defense still can't cover TE's and Jefferson will blow some coverages.

Pats

Veteran
LFW on br.com has carried together all raven based predictions. Some of them are just smh... even Wizard's famous season prediction was better.

Bengals know how to stack regular season wins, their DL is scary (Lawson, Dunlap, Geno, Billings) and their secondary isn't as bad as some of you wrote.
We have Marty as OC. His situational play calling is still questionable, i.e. calling numerous toss sweeps out of the shotgun on 3rd/4th & 1. The defense still can't cover TE's and Jefferson will blow some coverages.
They can but also they usually mess up against the steelers both times per season, once again the ravens usually too, thats 3 losses already I can count without even looking outside the division where they are also mediocre. They dont look much better than last season IMO, especially with commander dalton and marvin lewis still running the show. Burfict is good for a dumb penalty thats crucial and a suspension too.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Those toss sweeps worked though because maxx and Ricard were elite blockers in space and Collins is as good as it gets when it comes to getting skinny and exploding through a tight window

Icy

Practice Squad
Well... that’s funny
lol it’s definitely bold and a long shot but he’s talented and is a crucial missing piece to our defense. i love the peanut story but i just don’t think he’s that good at lb. i think kenny will get plenty of pt and surprise many.

i hope so - because in certain areas their roster is loaded
Their d line is probably one of the best in the league. I like their LB core. I’m really high on Williams Jackson, I think he’s in the discussion as the best CB in the league by the end of the season. Offensive weapons especially with Eifert and Ross healthy. I like their center and left tackle, but the rest of the o line may be a disaster. They look on paper as a dangerous team