• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 NFL Combine

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We're a ways out from this but thought I'd start the thread because the schedule's just been released.

notably the order of which positions are going when has changed... but even more notably they've removed the bench press from the same day and admitted that the experiment of doing it all in one day was detrimental (to the players and also led to a bunch of players opting out).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's a messy draft class this year - feels like the combine testing will have more bearing than usual on clarifying who certain prospects are.

Wednesday is the day for the Ravens pressers:
EDC at 1pm ET
Harbs at 2pm ET

and in terms of on-field workouts:

Thursday: EDGE, DL, LB
Friday: DB
Saturday: WR, QB, TE
Sunday: OL, RB

Friday and Saturday obviously the two big testing days - but Thursday might be the day with all the freak athletes working out...

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Late to make this thread for the year but it's here now.

It's a messy draft class this year - feels like the combine testing will have more bearing than usual on clarifying who certain prospects are.

Wednesday is the day for the Ravens pressers:
EDC at 1pm ET
Harbs at 2pm ET

and in terms of on-field workouts:

Thursday: EDGE, DL, LB
Friday: DB
Saturday: WR, QB, TE
Sunday: OL, RB

Friday and Saturday obviously the two big testing days - but Thursday might be the day with all the freak athletes working out...
Lol. You already had one started but the more the merrier.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
of the guys i've graded... here are the guys im really really intrigued to see how they test on each day:

Thursday:
Calijah Kancey
Mazi Smith
Felix Anudike-Uzomah
Keion White
Lukas Van Ness
Zach Harrison

Friday:
Devon Witherspoon
Clark Phillips
Tyrique Stevenson
DJ Turner (mostly because i want to know just how crazy his combine is going to be)
Deonte Banks

Saturday:
all of the WRs lol but especially...
JSN
Josh Downs
Jordan Addison
Cedric Tillman
Marvin Mims
Xavier Hutchinson
Jonathan Mingo

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Let the combine hype begin. QB Anthony Richardson is apparently nailing the interviews and has a lot of buzz surrounding him. Now potential top 3 pick lol. Geez... take it easy it's just the combine lol.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

3AD257EF-1351-4146-ADEE-76B4BE6F82C0.jpeg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jalin Hyatt coming in really light
Quentin Johnston coming in well below 6'4 - does have long arms but also... he's not really a hands catcher lol
jordan addison coming in at 5'11 173lbs should hopefully end the useless devonta smith comps
cedric tillman coming in at 6'3 is great for him
zay flowers 182lbs is really good
JSN and Boutte coming in with pretty great measurables generally for the position
tank dell 5'8 165lbs is unsurprising but still tiny
josh downs i thought would come in a little heavier - 171lbs is a little underwhelming
xavier hutchinson comes in with good numbers - if he runs well he's in business

some good workouts may make or break some of these

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Jalin Hyatt coming in really light
Quentin Johnston coming in well below 6'4 - does have long arms but also... he's not really a hands catcher lol
jordan addison coming in at 5'11 173lbs should hopefully end the useless devonta smith comps
cedric tillman coming in at 6'3 is great for him
zay flowers 182lbs is really good
JSN and Boutte coming in with pretty great measurables generally for the position
tank dell 5'8 165lbs is unsurprising but still tiny
josh downs i thought would come in a little heavier - 171lbs is a little underwhelming
xavier hutchinson comes in with good numbers - if he runs well he's in business

some good workouts may make or break some of these
Only thing I didn't understand is why Addison's measurements will end the Devonta Smith comps? They're almost identical size wise

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
because devonta smith had extra height, extra arm length and im guessing better explosive qualities

and they also play differently
He had only 1 inch height and 2 pounds. They're basically the same body.

That being said I would absolutely agree they don't play like each other