• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Wild Card Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If Lamar Could have played tonight as Has been suggested by multiple multiple sources, And mind you I am saying, "if", I Don't know how he could sit and watch this game on television and be cool With the fact that he made a business decision. I just don't get it.

because it's not multiple sources
it's random tv personalities making shit up

lamar's way too competitive to not play in a game like this

JHR2022

Practice Squad
If Lamar Could have played tonight as Has been suggested by multiple multiple sources, And mind you I am saying, "if", I Don't know how he could sit and watch this game on television and be cool With the fact that he made a business decision. I just don't get it.
Me neither. Makes no sense. Could you see Brady, Rodgers, etc doing such a thing

What if it really is the injury? Maybe he doesn't want to end up like Rg3, coming back too early.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
because it's not multiple sources
it's random tv personalities making shit up

lamar's way too competitive to not play in a game like this
I don't agree, Rossi. I'm not saying that I know or that there is no possibility I am shown to be wrong at some point. I acknowledge I am on the outside looking in. I feel I am looking at this more objectively than some, weighing all the voices, along with the things not being said. And it may very well turn out that he is NOT competitive enough to have played in this game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't agree, Rossi. I'm not saying that I know or that there is no possibility I am shown to be wrong at some point. I acknowledge I am on the outside looking in. I feel I am looking at this more objectively than some, weighing all the voices, along with the things not being said. And it may very well turn out that he is NOT competitive enough to have played in this game.

based on vibes...

purely because some people (who also have no knowledge of the situation) have decided that he's healthy enough to play

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If that is what he did; he did it to watch the team crash and burn without him to gain more leverage for his deal. But, he may not have that anymore after this game per se. The Ravens had plenty of opportunities to finish the Bengals, in Cincinnati tonight WITHOUT Lamar.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
based on vibes...

purely because some people (who also have no knowledge of the situation) have decided that he's healthy enough to play
I prefer to call it intuition as much as anything. I am open to changing my mind. I am not sure a lot of loyalists would be. would it change your mind to find out that he was never diagnosed with "borderline" grade 3 sprain. That that was an untruth?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I prefer to call it intuition as much as anything. I am open to changing my mind. I am not sure a lot of loyalists would be. would it change your mind to find out that he was never diagnosed with "borderline" grade 3 sprain. That that was an untruth?

i mean, if he's limping and not able to play then that's the case regardless of what he was "diagnosed" with anyway
and also would be weird for him to lie on that specific point

but i guess... yes... as unlikely as that is, it would make me question some things about lamar

but also just so far-fetched that that would be the case

just feels like there's people reaching for this idea because they want it to be true - rather than accepting the most obvious answer which is that he's too injured to play

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
If that is what he did; he did it to watch the team crash and burn without him to gain more leverage for his deal. But, he may not have that anymore after this game per se. The Ravens had plenty of opportunities to finish the Bengals, in Cincinnati tonight WITHOUT Lamar.
I know two fans of the team that told me they "hoped the ravens lost," tonight. Because they are bigger fans of Lamar than they are of the team.
It's ok for them and I have players on the team that I prefer but once they move. on, so do I. Not interested in their success outside of this franchise.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean, if he's limping and not able to play then that's the case regardless of what he was "diagnosed" with anyway
and also would be weird for him to lie on that specific point

but i guess... yes... as unlikely as that is, it would make me question some things about lamar

but also just so far-fetched that that would be the case

just feels like there's people reaching for this idea because they want it to be true - rather than accepting the most obvious answer which is that he's too injured to play
I respect that.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
The things I learned from this game is that Tyler Huntley has hidden arm strength, James Proche is actually dogshit, and TYLER HUNTLEY NEVER PASSES TO ISIAH LIKELY. I also learned that next time on the goal line, we give the ball to THE BUS, and not our tiny fumbling QB, ourstarter isn't even good at QB sneaks!

ravensrule52

Practice Squad
Proche you gotta catch the hail mary. It went STRAIGHT THROUGH HIS HANDS. UGH.
This took a long time to edit respect this ik it's painful but UGHHHH.
Screenshot 2023-01-16 7.59.18 AM.png

Oh btw if the Bengals make the sb I'm going over to my friends house he is a Bengals fan (Which I am completely fine with, I cheered for them in last year's sb).

ravensrule52

Practice Squad
Proche you gotta catch the hail mary. It went STRAIGHT THROUGH HIS HANDS. UGH.
This took a long time to edit respect this ik it's painful but UGHHHH.
View attachment 4432
Oh btw if the Bengals make the sb I'm going over to my friends house he is a Bengals fan (Which I am completely fine with, I cheered for them in last year's sb).
It was also off a deflection, which makes the ball better to catch than a normal hail mary from 60 somethign yards away. So If I wear my Ravens gloves i probably woulda caught that yet I do all the sports you can think of. Plus, HE IS PROFESSIONAL. YOU GOTTA CATCH THAT ITS NOT HIGH SCHOOL ITS THE NFL WILD CARD.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
It was also off a deflection, which makes the ball better to catch than a normal hail mary from 60 somethign yards away. So If I wear my Ravens gloves i probably woulda caught that yet I do all the sports you can think of. Plus, HE IS PROFESSIONAL. YOU GOTTA CATCH THAT ITS NOT HIGH SCHOOL ITS THE NFL WILD CARD.
Now the question is, even if he catches that, do we still win?

JHR2022

Practice Squad
There’s no question that it would have been worse to lose after having a 27-0 lead, but to lose the way we did is pretty damn painful.
Do we know if that was the play call, or did Huntley take it upon himself to do that?

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
There’s no question that it would have been worse to lose after having a 27-0 lead, but to lose the way we did is pretty damn painful.
Do we know if that was the play call, or did Huntley take it upon himself to do that?
I wondered that myself but after seeing that QB sneak repeatedly attempted by Jackson who also loses the ball, I came away believing this is a called play. Still think Dobbins should have been in there that whole set of downs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
do you really think Lamar wouldn't have played if he could have played. Come on, you're smarter than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.