• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The AJ Green, the Joe Flacco, and the Defense- Week 2 Edition

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I would like to see Brown start at RT instead of Hurst. I hope Stanley and CJ are ok. Need to cut down on the sloppy play.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We'll get them next time. I'm not too worried.

A few things to note here.

1. CJ Please get better.
2. Martindale is going to be coming with some SERIOUS growing pains, but he displays a lot potential so I'm not too upset. At least he displayed the ability to adjust at the half. Pees never did that.
3. Flacco was inconsistent as per usual. He never plays well in Cinci, this was no exception.
4. I was wrong about Kenny Young. He looks good. Please come back CJ.
5. Pass rush dissapeared because of course it did.
6. ILB depth behind the two starters is terrible.
7. FUCK YOU HARBAUGH FOR STARTING HURST OVER BROWN.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bengals deserved this victory 1000%. I give Wink credit for adjusting in the second half and holding them to 6 allowing Flacco to pull the game close and almost lead a comeback. Yes the refs screwed us multiple times and apparently Dalton gets Brady like calls now but still we failed to stop them in the first half which killed us.

As we always say, it's a divisional game so throw out everything we knew coming into the game. Also, the Bills may just be the next team to complete a 0-16 season.

Also.... I don't care what dead money Hurst carries but CUT HIM before we even get on the bus back to Baltimore. Brown needs to be our RT against Denver.

All around this was an horrendous game. Defense came out with 0 sacks, allowed 28 first half points, with no turnovers. Definitely improved in the 2nd half but man, you can't play that bad in the 1st half. We also got outcoached as well but all around it was bad, I don't think one unit or player deserves blame.

There was mixed bag with Joe. On one hand I liked the fact that he kept moving, and kept throwing even while being dragged down, but on the other hand there was a number of missed throws and bad reads.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Fair point. We'll just have to make adjustments for the future, I guess.
Honestly, take away the first quarter and we looked like the better team. We should've gotten our asses kicked with how we were playing before. I don't feel angry after this loss. I was kind of expecting it. Someone needed to bring us down to earth.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Look, I'm not going to defend Flacco here by any means. It was absolutely a disappointing performance by him and if you took any other elite quarterback like Brees or Rodgers and plugged them in here tonight, they would've done better. HOWEVER, IF ANY OF YOU THINK HOW THE OFFENSIVE LINE PLAYED TONIGHT WAS ACCEPTABLE, YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR MIND. Flacco was not great, but no quarterback would've been great under those circumstances. When you're put in a 21 point hole like that, your whole mentality is destroyed. When you lose hope and you're hit 19 times, what do you expect. I am not happy with how he played, but I'm proud of Flacco for what he did out there OUTSIDE OF THE LADT DRIVE. THAT WAS PATHETIC AND HE CHECKED OUT. Thus I digress, Flacco is a quarterback you can win with, if he has a line. However, he has no line.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i will say this - the bengals were down 2 starters of ok level:

the ravens were missing in this game:
  1. our number 1 corner
  2. our number 1 defensive player and quarterback of the defence
  3. our best interior pass rusher
  4. our 1st round rookie tight end
  5. our backup slot corner (to come in and make the dime a bit bigger or to replace tavon if he was tired or not matching up well)

that's 4 starters missing - 4 key starters
if CJ misses the whole game and we can prepare to not have him then I think we win this game, if CJ plays the whole game then we definitely win this game, if CJ even manages to play the 1st quarter then we most likely win this game