• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Mock Drafts

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
1675962866695.png

from last friday. I already posted it but...

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Screenshot_20230209-224552.png

From the PFF generator. This is a realistic and very good outcome. Bateman, JSN, Mims, and Duv would be a pretty solid WR group. Stevenson fits the Ravens style of corner, and Incoom is a super athletic and strong small school guy similar to Judon.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 4537
From the PFF generator. This is a realistic and very good outcome. Bateman, JSN, Mims, and Duv would be a pretty solid WR group. Stevenson fits the Ravens style of corner, and Incoom is a super athletic and strong small school guy similar to Judon.
I love the mock, and that we get to take JSN! How did we get the #20 pick, though?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
No way JSN falls that low right?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mock Draft.jpg

So, this is an odd one for sure. DL is not one of the major needs (though it could use a bit of depth), however Bresee is just someone that shouldn't be there and is an absolute difference maker. If by some weird chance he is there then he should be the pick no matter who else is available. That combination of explosion, strength, and tenacity is an absolute game changer.

After that just ended up going all in on new WRs. Reed is a well rounded guy that excels at separation and YAC. He's only held back by being a bit on the small side. Iosivas is a poor man's DK Metcalf. Great size, speed, and strength. He's someone a QB can just go, "Fuck it, my guy is down there somewhere" and chuck it deep to. Mingo is a physical, high volume, first down maker. Each brings something different to the table, and could become a mainstay in the offense.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 4641
So, this is an odd one for sure. DL is not one of the major needs (though it could use a bit of depth), however Bresee is just someone that shouldn't be there and is an absolute difference maker. If by some weird chance he is there then he should be the pick no matter who else is available. That combination of explosion, strength, and tenacity is an absolute game changer.

After that just ended up going all in on new WRs. Reed is a well rounded guy that excels at separation and YAC. He's only held back by being a bit on the small side. Iosivas is a poor man's DK Metcalf. Great size, speed, and strength. He's someone a QB can just go, "Fuck it, my guy is down there somewhere" and chuck it deep to. Mingo is a physical, high volume, first down maker. Each brings something different to the table, and could become a mainstay in the offense.
I love Mingo there. Think that's an absolute steal if we can get him r5

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's a tough one. Joey Porter Jr is legit a great player, and you definitely can make a case for him being the better of the two.

Thinking about it it's also a very funny and petty selection since we get the son of an all pro Steelers linebacker helping to shut them down twice a year.
yeah, but we should take one receiver and one corner. We don't need 2 corners, unless you want to go ahead and trade Marlo, too. We need a receiver, and I just don't understand why we would make that move. Anyways, there was another mock with us taking Deonte Banks instead of Cam Smith, so okay.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah, but we should take one receiver and one corner. We don't need 2 corners, unless you want to go ahead and trade Marlo, too. We need a receiver, and I just don't understand why we would make that move. Anyways, there was another mock with us taking Deonte Banks instead of Cam Smith, so okay.
Ah, didn't notice the earlier Cam Smith pick. Yeah, definitely be bad to take two corners on the first.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 4641

i do not like bryan bresee at all - not even close to a 1st rounder for me

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Screenshot_20230316-214910.png

Getting Zay Flowers on the first would be huge. Not much more to say about that pick.

Brooks and Turner are strong, heavy handed, penetrating linemen that could really improve our interior pass rush, and make life easier on on our edge rushers. Brooks has the bonus or being able to play a big edge on short yardage situations or to create mismatches since he can overwhelm some tackles.

Blackmon is a smart, solid cover corner. Not a bad consolation prize if we don't go corner early. O'Connell is a bit rough but he's poised and tough. Not a bad backup option, and real competition for Huntley.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 4768
Getting Zay Flowers on the first would be huge. Not much more to say about that pick.

Brooks and Turner are strong, heavy handed, penetrating linemen that could really improve our interior pass rush, and make life easier on on our edge rushers. Brooks has the bonus or being able to play a big edge on short yardage situations or to create mismatches since he can overwhelm some tackles.

Blackmon is a smart, solid cover corner. Not a bad consolation prize if we don't go corner early. O'Connell is a bit rough but he's poised and tough. Not a bad backup option, and real competition for Huntley.
perhaps O'Connell could be the next Brock Purdy?...