• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

PurpleFlock Definitive WR Rankings 2023

rossihunter2

Staff Member
After a 1 year absence, and with the Ravens WR corps in a state of complete disrepair with under a month to go before the draft, it feels like a really good time to have a go at this exercise we've done the last few years.

ALL are welcome to participate no matter your knowledge or experience with drafts or grading.

This year I'm looking for a top 15 (but no more than 15 and if you don't have 15 that's fine too) ranking in the spreadsheet.

Instructions are pretty simple and in the google doc too
  1. Write your username in the 3rd row
  2. Rank your WRs 1-15 (if you only have 7 or 8 that's fine just go as deep as you can up to 15)
N.B. WRs are listed in alphabetical order (surnames).

Let's get collaborating!

PurpleFlock Definitive WR Rankings 2023

Let me know if permissions aren't working.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Holy shit @allblackraven

Hyatt at 1?
Downs at 3?

What do you like most about those guys?
In short, Hyatt seems to be perpetually open, every catch has a chance to get to the end zone.
Downs is incredibly quick and creates room out of nothing. Great after the catch and on contested ball. My favourite WR this year.

I ranked them on what I think how well they will do in pros, no deep analysis here.

In short, Hyatt seems to be perpetually open, every catch has a chance to get to the end zone.
Downs is incredibly quick and creates room out of nothing. Great after the catch and on contested ball. My favourite WR this year.

I ranked them on what I think how well they will do in pros, no deep analysis here.

I’m actually a big fan of Downs. I believe I ranked him 4 but felt on an island there. So seeing him ranked higher by another poster interested me. Love how he plays big at the catch point.

Hyatt is definitely interesting and felt his stacked line up helped him tremendously. He faced the least amount of press of all the WRs due to this and seems like one of those one trick deep threat guys.

Anyways, I was just interested in your thoughts on those guys because it’s very much opposite the norm.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m actually a big fan of Downs. I believe I ranked him 4 but felt on an island there. So seeing him ranked higher by another poster interested me. Love how he plays big at the catch point.

Hyatt is definitely interesting and felt his stacked line up helped him tremendously. He faced the least amount of press of all the WRs due to this and seems like one of those one trick deep threat guys.

Anyways, I was just interested in your thoughts on those guys because it’s very much opposite the norm.

not on an island at all

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I updated many times during this offseason, but mine are locked in now. I have a huge outlier with Tank Dell compared to everyone else.

@JoeyFlex5 Would be interested to see your top 15

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I updated many times during this offseason, but mine are locked in now. I have a huge outlier with Tank Dell compared to everyone else.

@JoeyFlex5 Would be interested to see your top 15
I don’t have a top 15. Really just guys that I’ve watched and liked, guys I’ve watched and don’t like, and lots of guys I haven’t watched

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Out of curiosity who don't you like
Here’s my “rankings”
JSN
Jordan Addison
Zay flowers
Josh downs
Quentin Johnston
Jalin Hyatt
Cedric Tillman
Jonathan mingo
Tank dell
Jayden Reed
Xavier Hutchinson
Rashee rice
Marvin mims

Number of those guys could be interchangeable

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And included in guys who can be interchangeable, my 1 and 2, JSN and Addison. I’m not convinced Addison isn’t the best wr prospect in the class, he’s the best route runner, he’s knocked for his 40 but he’s definitely faster, quicker, and more explosive than JSN. And he’s small but 2-3 years from now he could easily be playing at 180, it’s a natural progression.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
And included in guys who can be interchangeable, my 1 and 2, JSN and Addison. I’m not convinced Addison isn’t the best wr prospect in the class, he’s the best route runner, he’s knocked for his 40 but he’s definitely faster, quicker, and more explosive than JSN. And he’s small but 2-3 years from now he could easily be playing at 180, it’s a natural progression.
I LOVE Addison. I hope that average 40 pushes him right to us

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Sneaky feeling that Addison has like a top 15 grade on our board and he’ll be there at 22 for that exact reason
I'd be so happy. I had Addison WR1 this entire process until JSN showed all world agility and change of direction metrics. So I have him now currently 2. JSN won't be there at 22, but Addison really might be.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd be so happy. I had Addison WR1 this entire process until JSN showed all world agility and change of direction metrics. So I have him now currently 2. JSN won't be there at 22, but Addison really might be.
there could be a run in the late teens and Addison could be gone by the time we pick, but yes there is a possibility he is there.