• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Kyu Blu Kelly

rossihunter2

Staff Member
  • 6’1 190lbs
  • Long, well-built frame, good speed and comfortably fluid hips
  • Active quick feet in press – feet good to mirror at the release
  • Doesn’t always jam but not stepping away from a physical confrontation at the line – good balance – really confident close to the line – uses the sideline well and maintains leverage
  • Really patient off the line – non-committal in a good way – stays square and doesn’t lunge or overreact
  • Clearly has the speed to turn and run with burners down the sideline – probably doesn’t have the burst or recovery athleticism to makeup when initially losing
  • Great click and close vs routes underneath – aggressive and fast to trigger – can get him in trouble vs double moves – sometimes can get caught peeking at the QB and lose phase while his feet stop
  • Generally good mirroring and staying in phase – reading the receiver down – sticky in man coverage
  • Not as technical or confident in man when not pressing – pedal not as smooth and not as patient
  • Physical at the catch – uses his length and power well
  • Zone coverage is much rawer than man/press-man – liable to leave holes behind him – general awareness and understanding in zone lacking
  • Downhill in the running game is a mixed bag – poor technique but good willingness – wants to attack downhill and take on blocks especially when he’s in a battle – but takes poor angles and loses leverage in the running game or short game
  • Tackle technique not good – misses way too easily

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
  • 6’1 190lbs
  • Long, well-built frame, good speed and comfortably fluid hips
  • Active quick feet in press – feet good to mirror at the release
  • Doesn’t always jam but not stepping away from a physical confrontation at the line – good balance – really confident close to the line – uses the sideline well and maintains leverage
  • Really patient off the line – non-committal in a good way – stays square and doesn’t lunge or overreact
  • Clearly has the speed to turn and run with burners down the sideline – probably doesn’t have the burst or recovery athleticism to makeup when initially losing
  • Great click and close vs routes underneath – aggressive and fast to trigger – can get him in trouble vs double moves – sometimes can get caught peeking at the QB and lose phase while his feet stop
  • Generally good mirroring and staying in phase – reading the receiver down – sticky in man coverage
  • Not as technical or confident in man when not pressing – pedal not as smooth and not as patient
  • Physical at the catch – uses his length and power well
  • Zone coverage is much rawer than man/press-man – liable to leave holes behind him – general awareness and understanding in zone lacking
  • Downhill in the running game is a mixed bag – poor technique but good willingness – wants to attack downhill and take on blocks especially when he’s in a battle – but takes poor angles and loses leverage in the running game or short game
  • Tackle technique not good – misses way too easily
I think him and a corner in the 6th, we're good

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Actually sounds kinda dope lol

Ravens Reddit never disappoints.

"He wanna stop Tyler Huntley from fumbling?"

I am a nerd for time traveling lol. I always imagine that now a days, you wouldn't need to actually travel back in time as time travel would be an app on a "chosen one" and that person would be able to re-write history anyway they want. You open it, you search for any year, then day and see all that happened on the day. You pick something you want to change, then type out how you your new scenario, preview your change and see it happen and submit the change and boom... everyone forgets what originally happened and only knows the new scenario.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Watched the game vs usc and got dam he got killed lol.. other than addison killing him, he actually was playing nice cvg for like first few yards of all his snaps. Press cvg is def a strength of his

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I hope Kelly turns out to be a strong pick. CB scouting has seemed really suspect lately. I was very skeptical on KBK and Darius Rush was still on the board. Someone between Stephens, JAD, and KBK will have to step up.

My guess is it's almost certainly going to be Stephens

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope Kelly turns out to be a strong pick. CB scouting has seemed really suspect lately. I was very skeptical on KBK and Darius Rush was still on the board. Someone between Stephens, JAD, and KBK will have to step up.

Stephens or pepe

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

KBK is good though. I had him as a 3rd rounder, guess the insane depth of the CB group pushed him down but he's a starter in this league. Would prefer him in zone because of his relative hip stiffness but let him read QBs and route patterns while bailing and we ride.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
they bot play corner, last I checked... am I wrong?
Pepe doesn't play outside corner, Stephens does. So Pepe is not competing for the second outside CB spot that we need to step up. Now we have RYS. Depending on how scared EDC is, he could also bring back MP but I don't see that happening.

I see the rest of the money going to draft picks and Houston.