• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Andrew Vorhees

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe a redshirt situation

But we got a guy who should have gone much higher if not for the injury. If nothing else, we know he’s tough as nails after the combine.

Definitely worth next years 6th rounder to maybe get 3 years of someone who on some boards had day 2 grades
I mean I think this guy has pro bowl potential but is going to miss a year so its a great risk to take. I was amazed he lasted as long as he did. I absolutely love this pick.

Nurps

MVP
Great last name. If this works out, I’m rolling with memes of Jason.
85926141-CCC9-4516-8B9B-9CCE74394C79.jpeg

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
7th round is such a steal for this guy. Without the injury he’s probably a fourth at the absolute lowest, likely the third pure guard off the board.
With the addition of Zay and your explanation for both Voorhees and Simpson, is it safe to say that this class deserves an A?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Going by my personnal board (before the combine) he was a top 50 player. I was always higher on him but to have him as basically a 6th round pick in 2024 is stupid value imo

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With the addition of Zay and your explanation for both Voorhees and Simpson, is it safe to say that this class deserves an A?
I'm giving it a B+/A- for the shear fact I would have liked a corner in the 3rd round. That being said, Simpson may end up being better than that corner.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’d say we did well, idk about A. If you grade on a curve where immediate team needs mean nothing at all, and it’s all about finding a talented player way later than you’d think, then maybe an A

Simba

Staff Member
Fun fact hidden in one of Jeff's articles today...

Assuming Vorhees gets placed on the NFI list for the season, that does not earn him an accrued season and the contract would toll. So we still get him for 4 years after the season. Basically spent a draft pick to get a guy in early and still have him for the same amount of time.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Fun fact hidden in one of Jeff's articles today...

Assuming Vorhees gets placed on the NFI list for the season, that does not earn him an accrued season and the contract would toll. So we still get him for 4 years after the season. Basically spent a draft pick to get a guy in early and still have him for the same amount of time.
So he's litterally our 2024 6th round pick, we just know it in advance.

I’d say we did well, idk about A. If you grade on a curve where immediate team needs mean nothing at all, and it’s all about finding a talented player way later than you’d think, then maybe an A
I look at it like this: Roquan Smith was essentially our 2nd round pick, which elevates our grade to at least an A.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I look at it like this: Roquan Smith was essentially our 2nd round pick, which elevates our grade to at least an A.
I definitely get this sentiment, but me personally I can’t count the all time highest paid LB as a second round pick lol.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I definitely get this sentiment, but me personally I can’t count the all time highest paid LB as a second round pick lol.
Yeah I personally never get the he's our 2nd round pick thing. Like he's not though lol. First of all he was added to the team last year. He's also getting paid well beyond what a 2nd round pick is.

I'd say the same thing if we made a trade at the deadline this year. That guy is a part of the 2023 roster construction, not 2024.

Take Yannick for example. Just because you trade for someone doesn't mean they're here the next year anyway.