• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 6 Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@Filmstudy review of the offensive line vs. the Titans

https://russellstreetreport.com/2018/10/17/filmstudy/offensive-line-vs-titans-2018/

He said Hurst had the best game of his 5 year career. His full write-up is above in the link.

i wrote it elsewhere but i found these 2 things together interesting:

skura had his 2nd consecutive failing grade
stanley tripped multiple times trying to pull across the line (which naturally means to the right side) and thus missed blocks/allowed penetration

those 2 facts i feel might have a cause and effect here

it was my biggest fear in this scheme coming into this year that our running scheme would get destroyed by the fact that our center cant anchor against big DL and would force pulling blockers to take a longer path to get to their block or risk getting washed out of the play which inherently makes the running game less efficient because blockers are taking longer to get downhill

Filmstudy

Staff Member
Filmstudy
Writer
In terms of the 2 Stanley slips on pulls, neither was Skura.

He was undercut by Byard on a pull left to blow up Collins run on 1st and goal from the 4. He also tripped over a pile on the right side from a TE block inside on Casey. Baldinger pointed out that play as a failure of run scheme. I like trapping Casey with a TE, but I didn't like having it combined with a pull from L to R.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In terms of the 2 Stanley slips on pulls, neither was Skura.

He was undercut by Byard on a pull left to blow up Collins run on 1st and goal from the 4. He also tripped over a pile on the right side from a TE block inside on Casey. Baldinger pointed out that play as a failure of run scheme. I like trapping Casey with a TE, but I didn't like having it combined with a pull from L to R.

Thanks for the info, ken, that’s really useful to know

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i wrote it elsewhere but i found these 2 things together interesting:

skura had his 2nd consecutive failing grade
stanley tripped multiple times trying to pull across the line (which naturally means to the right side) and thus missed blocks/allowed penetration

those 2 facts i feel might have a cause and effect here

it was my biggest fear in this scheme coming into this year that our running scheme would get destroyed by the fact that our center cant anchor against big DL and would force pulling blockers to take a longer path to get to their block or risk getting washed out of the play which inherently makes the running game less efficient because blockers are taking longer to get downhill
Regarding the last paragraph, I remember having this conversation with @Lost_In_Translation as well

Status
Not open for further replies.