• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article: Crap Speculation. Kap to the RAVENS

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I can not understand why fans fall for opinionated articles like this all time and then take it as a fact. I'm a sports writer myself and I wrote catchy "click bait" titles to draw people in. Every sports writer does it, every YouTuber uses click bait in their titles to lure people to their videos for more views than they would normally get.

I wouldn't even worry about it happening, we re-signed Ryan Mallet so the backup QB position is done for us.

K-Dog

MVP
The article was actually based on comments from a NFLN program. ( or was it ESPN ?)

I hope the title of this thread would at least hint at the fact I am pretty convinced this won't happen.
So disowning my team isn't even an issue regardless of the fact it was hyperbolic anyway.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Even though I doubt it, I still say absolutely not!

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
God no. Us signing him makes me have flashbacks of Cam Robinson on draft day one. This is much worse. Wether you support his cause or not, a third string qb is not needed for the distractions this guy will bring. Mallet is much better and in no way does he fit our offense.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Personally I'd like to see him sign with the Patriots. Such irony.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The article was actually based on comments from a NFLN program. ( or was it ESPN ?)

I hope the title of this thread would at least hint at the fact I am pretty convinced this won't happen.
So disowning my team isn't even an issue regardless of the fact it was hyperbolic anyway.
It was Herm Edwards that said it

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just wanna be clear, I hated karpernick long before the kneeling stuff and that didn't change my opinion on him, and I thought too much was made of a peaceful protest. Disrespectful? Absolutely, I understand why some would be mad, BUT, he wanted to raise awareness and he did so without burning down a city, so whatever..

The reason I hated kaepernick, was because he was the most overrated and overhyped player for years, he has always been an absolute bum of a qb, he sucks at throwing, he isn't even that good of a runner, he just got lucky with broken fields and ran fast, he is a lumbering straight line sprinter with no elusiveness to his running style at all, and his mechanics and throwing were god awful and he was too damn cocky for being such a garbage qb.

Rant over

K-Dog

MVP
I just wanna be clear, I hated karpernick long before the kneeling stuff and that didn't change my opinion on him, and I thought too much was made of a peaceful protest. Disrespectful? Absolutely, I understand why some would be mad, BUT, he wanted to raise awareness and he did so without burning down a city, so whatever..

The reason I hated kaepernick, was because he was the most overrated and overhyped player for years, he has always been an absolute bum of a qb, he sucks at throwing, he isn't even that good of a runner, he just got lucky with broken fields and ran fast, he is a lumbering straight line sprinter with no elusiveness to his running style at all, and his mechanics and throwing were god awful and he was too damn cocky for being such a garbage qb.

Rant over

... his completely unwarranted and unearned arrogance.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
At no point did anybody ever concern themselves with the issues he tried to bring to light...at no point did anybody ask "why do you feel this way and what can be done to have you stand with us again"

NOPE, this is going to be possibly the 2nd athlete to be black balled for his stance on the pledge....Would I have done it that way? No, however it was extremely peaceful and he had the support of plenty in the military.

Did we disown the Ravens when we kept Ray Lewis during trial? Did we disown the Ravens for Ray Rice? (He plays had it not been for the video)

All I am saying is, look around the league...look who IS aloud to play and given multiple chances...and THIS, THIS IS the guy we want to make an example of?

I wouldn't mind having Kap as our backup, in his time he lead an offense with great success and put up HUGE numbers in during their playoff runs...they just met us at the wrong time :D. Our current backup has nowhere near the resume he does...

Rant over

K-Dog

MVP
Again. I think the vast majority of us don't want him here because he sucks.

flynismo

Practice Squad
At no point did anybody ever concern themselves with the issues he tried to bring to light...at no point did anybody ask "why do you feel this way and what can be done to have you stand with us again"

NOPE, this is going to be possibly the 2nd athlete to be black balled for his stance on the pledge....Would I have done it that way? No, however it was extremely peaceful and he had the support of plenty in the military.

Did we disown the Ravens when we kept Ray Lewis during trial? Did we disown the Ravens for Ray Rice? (He plays had it not been for the video)

All I am saying is, look around the league...look who IS aloud to play and given multiple chances...and THIS, THIS IS the guy we want to make an example of?

I wouldn't mind having Kap as our backup, in his time he lead an offense with great success and put up HUGE numbers in during their playoff runs...they just met us at the wrong time :D. Our current backup has nowhere near the resume he does...

Rant over

Nobody wants him because he sucks.
And nobody wants to hear how racist America is and how the USA oppresses minorities from a black guy making $16M per year and wears socks depicting police as pigs. He's just another brain damaged SJW, why would any team want to deal with his nonsense?