• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 EDGE Thread

Simba

Staff Member
Slowly starting to get into tape and Chop Robinson is already a favorite of mine. Can't teach that get off and bend. Would have love to seen some more production and it's going to take some work, but the tools stand out.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Slowly starting to get into tape and Chop Robinson is already a favorite of mine. Can't teach that get off and bend. Would have love to seen some more production and it's going to take some work, but the tools stand out.

Yeah seeing ppl say he’s unrefined and is a 2nd rounder and I see the get-off and bend like you and see someone who’s gonna get taken in 1st round purely off traits regardless of the refinement

Was the first edge guy I watched who popped for me (verse is pretty fun too)

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah seeing ppl say he’s unrefined and is a 2nd rounder and I see the get-off and bend like you and see someone who’s gonna get taken in 1st round purely off traits regardless of the refinement

I love Verse too. Wish he’d be in range for us but that seems like a pipe dream. Dude plays like he’s the best player on the field at all times. That temperament to go along with the skill = a really fun player.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I love Verse too. Wish he’d be in range for us but that seems like a pipe dream. Dude plays like he’s the best player on the field at all times. That temperament to go along with the skill = a really fun player.

i know tyree wilson hasnt worked out so far but that kind of "holy shit" power from an edge player is so intoxicating when evaluating

with verse it's the number of reverse pancakes on the tape

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I just watched Chop vs Iowa and it just boggles my mind that people think he had a bad season. He litterally won his team games by himself.

Simba

Staff Member
I just watched Chop vs Iowa and it just boggles my mind that people think he had a bad season. He litterally won his team games by himself.
Stat book scouters only. I'd have loved to have seen him finish more often, but that doesn't mean he wasn't impactful.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Stat book scouters only. I'd have loved to have seen him finish more often, but that doesn't mean he wasn't impactful.
amazing first step and bendy. He has extremely translatable skills that should transfer well to the NFL.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Oh my.. I think I found one of my 1st round SIIE

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@RavensMania why is this funny?

Timm Williams was awesome in college with a quick get off / timing. Little bit I've seen of Chop stuff to me looks crazy quick. Not his only weapon, though. Guy is good.
Tim Williams man… to this day there’s no player I’ve watched more film on. Was so certain he was gonna be a monster…

Just watched chop for the first time a few days ago, dudes a spark plug

Simba

Staff Member
Tim Williams man… to this day there’s no player I’ve watched more film on. Was so certain he was gonna be a monster…

Just watched chop for the first time a few days ago, dudes a spark plug
Probably could have been a monster but never committed to the game

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Had other commitments and he couldn't let go off them. Unfortunate life choice.
I’ve heard you speak about Tim Williams before as if you had a source on him.. was he just caught up in the streets or something? That was always the vibe I got with the rumors about him

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’ve heard you speak about Tim Williams before as if you had a source on him.. was he just caught up in the streets or something? That was always the vibe I got with the rumors about him
Nah, heard from someone who had a source. Enough time passed, so it's OK to say - he just couldn't (wouldn't want to) let go off marijuana.

Simba

Staff Member
That was me. All black has it right. Showed up to meetings, practice, and games high regularly. Got fined out the ass for repeated misconduct. Gave him all of the opportunity in the world to put it together but he never could kick it and stick to football.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nah, heard from someone who had a source. Enough time passed, so it's OK to say - he just couldn't (wouldn't want to) let go off marijuana.
Ahh okay
That was me. All black has it right. Showed up to meetings, practice, and games high regularly. Got fined out the ass for repeated misconduct. Gave him all of the opportunity in the world to put it together but he never could kick it and stick to football.
gotchu, it was always super vague and I heard the weed shit as well but I never realized that was THE issue, thought that was only part of it.

Simba

Staff Member
Ahh okay

gotchu, it was always super vague and I heard the weed shit as well but I never realized that was THE issue, thought that was only part of it.
Nope pretty much all of it. Got sent home so many times. I was a good friend of his “handler” of sorts. They could always get him to pass the yearly drug test but when it came time to actually start playing football, he’d revert back. He actually showed me the fine log after they finally moved on. Would be shocked if he has any money left at this point.

And I will say, they knew the issues when they picked him. Took the chance on the upside and being able to fix him. Didn’t work out.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nope pretty much all of it. Got sent home so many times. I was a good friend of his “handler” of sorts. They could always get him to pass the yearly drug test but when it came time to actually start playing football, he’d revert back. He actually showed me the fine log after they finally moved on. Would be shocked if he has any money left at this point.

And I will say, they knew the issues when they picked him. Took the chance on the upside and being able to fix him. Didn’t work out.
Damn shame considering he could smoke weed every day of his life and play in the nfl in 2024.

Simba

Staff Member
Damn shame considering he could smoke weed every day of his life and play in the nfl in 2024.
Don't think the organization generally cared at the time as long as they passed the tests. Bigger issue is that he'd show up to meetings and practice completely gone and couldn't absorb or process any of the information. Free time is free time... the bigger issue was it impacting him on the job almost constantly.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don't think the organization generally cared at the time as long as they passed the tests. Bigger issue is that he'd show up to meetings and practice completely gone and couldn't absorb or process any of the information. Free time is free time... the bigger issue was it impacting him on the job almost constantly.
Ahh okay that’s different. Like there’s people who really don’t function well without it, but you can’t be smacked outta your mind all day every day, nobody functions well like that unless you’re snoop, wiz, or b-real lol