• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 DL Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So much of what we do at this position and how much of a need it is comes down to what happens with Justin Madubuike.
He'll likely try and hit the market unless the Ravens franchise tag him. The Ravens are going to have to pay him a lot of money to keep him. I think he's worth it but it's going to be a very big number to keep him...

And from what I've heard, it's not the greatest class to be wanting to address IDL.

Only Broderick Washington and Travis Jones under contract for 2024 right now. Madubuike, Pierce and Urban are all free agents, a year after we lost Calais to free agency too.

Jer'Zhan Newton is the only IDL name I've seen tossed about so far with any sort of 1st round hype.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need depth and rotation more so thank any big name from the draft. I'd happily try to grab some athletic ones in the midround.

That said, if the NFL ends up being dumb enough to let someone like Leonard Taylor III reach our pick then I'd happily have a really stacked line for next year.

Literally have to be quiet and responsible for like 4 months. It amazes me dudes make these types of decisions during arguably the most important time of their life.

Yeah it’s mind boggling but says a lot about their maturity and decision making at this stage of their life.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Literally have to be quiet and responsible for like 4 months. It amazes me dudes make these types of decisions during arguably the most important time of their life.
Many of them are surrounded by enablers all their life, and never experienced any real trouble no matter what they do.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
if Newton or Murphy fall to 30, either of them could be the best players available at that point, but I see no world at all where DT is on the table

if Newton or Murphy fall to 30, either of them could be the best players available at that point, but I see no world at all where DT is on the table

For me Murphy POPPED off the tape when I was watching OL. I kept thinking to myself holy fuck who is #90. I think it was the Kansas St game and might have been the Bama game. I haven’t watched either guy in depth yet but that dude intrigued me when trying to watch OL. The thought of Murphy and Madubuike wrecking shit on the inside would be dope.
I also think if he was BPA and the top 7-8 tackles are gone, top 5 WRs are gone, edge is gone, top 3-4 CBs are gone he would be the pick.