• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 DB Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ravens have a really good looking top 4 DBs with 2 starters outside and the 2 safeties inside. Marlon, Stephens, MW and Hamilton
Kyle Hamilton is a somewhat position-less phenom on the backend, at nickel, down at the LoS...

Geno Stone would be welcomed back but hard to imagine he doesnt go looking for a payday somewhere else where he can play 100% of the snaps.

Ravens may well look for another guy to play with Marcus Williams on the backend when they want Hamilton in the nickel. They probably also want to find a nickel who can play there when they want Hamilton elsewhere.

Maulet was a nice surprise, Ar'Darius started the season well, Pepe got activated towards the end of the season (and we'll see how he does if he plays at all) but it feels like there's some opportunities to maybe go and find a nickel to add to this group.

And Brandon Stephens entering a contract year too...

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
You always got to look at DB. No more Kyu's tho for gawd sakes. I'd take either corner from Ala and this is the only position other than OT as it stands now I'd really want in the 1st but we also have to consider Mads situation......... I also like Beau Brade out of Md as a possible day 2 or early day 3 if Geno walks.

Simba

Staff Member
Weird how CB has gone from a need to not much of one in a year, despite no real star power added. With Stephens stepping up, you're probably rolling with him and Humphrey again. Still have a couple of young guys and you'll probably supplement with a cheap vet or two. Don't think we'd ever shy away from adding a quality player but it's weirdly not the biggest need.

With Hamilton playing more slot and Geno likely moving on, it wouldn't be shocking to see us take a S decently high. We need depth there at a minimum anyways.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cooper Dejean just looks like a Ravens' DB. Physical, downhill playmaker with plus athleticism. Also has the versatility to play anywhere in the backfield from outside to inside to safety.

Also good lord he can make some good plays when he gets ahold of the ball.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Cooper Dejean just looks like a Ravens' DB. Physical, downhill playmaker with plus athleticism. Also has the versatility to play anywhere in the backfield from outside to inside to safety.

I hate watching iowa. Reminds me too much of the Steelers

JO_75

Hall of Famer

The age of the White Cornerback is upon us :D

JO_75

Hall of Famer
There's a DB from Alabama named Kool-Aid lol. I'm just dipping into the draft class and I always like coming across players with odd names lol.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

It’s gonna be a whiteboy summer y’all bring your sunblock!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I like Cooper DeJean as a movable chess piece in the secondary but not sure I love him as a pure CB
gonna test like a freak and has experience all over the defence - think some teams will look at him and see their version of kyle hamilton or minkah fitzpatrick - a nickel with versatility to play everywhere and the physicality to matchup in the front 7

but not sure he's got the same man cover skills that those guys do

but we'll have to see, only a preliminary look so far

he's gonna test like a freak

Simba

Staff Member
Absolutely no idea what this guy's skill level is, but a wild backstory I came across a couple of weeks ago.

Apparently was given a full ride to Lane College (home of Jacoby Jones) to play football. His dad passed away in a car accident and he entered a deep state of depression and never played. A couple of years later, his mom urged him to try out for Fan Controlled Football. He did, made the team, and a former CFL coach told him he could play professionally and to go try out for the CFL. He tried out for the Argonauts, made the team, and became a starter all within that year. Now, an invite to one of the bowl games and eligibility for the NFL draft. Would be one of the wilder routes to the league.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Absolutely no idea what this guy's skill level is, but a wild backstory I came across a couple of weeks ago.

Apparently was given a full ride to Lane College (home of Jacoby Jones) to play football. His dad passed away in a car accident and he entered a deep state of depression and never played. A couple of years later, his mom urged him to try out for Fan Controlled Football. He did, made the team, and a former CFL coach told him he could play professionally and to go try out for the CFL. He tried out for the Argonauts, made the team, and became a starter all within that year. Now, an invite to one of the bowl games and eligibility for the NFL draft. Would be one of the wilder routes to the league.

now that's pretty amazing. Pretty cool name as well.