• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Plays That You'll Always Remember

K-Dog

MVP
Lots of great ones here.

I was AT this game it pretty much happened right in front of me.

Note: Not just Ray busting through, he had three back ups in case Sproles made a sharp turn.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
Tony Banks' 29 yard game winning TD to Shannon Sharpe in 2000 against the Jags.

Mark Brunell and Jimmy Smith were pretty much unstoppable that day and Jacksonville looked to be blowing the Ravens out after 30 minutes, but Banks caught fire the second half and brought the good guys back to take the lead with a little over 3 minutes remaining. Unbelievably Brunell threw a prayer downfield that was batted up in the air and caught by Smith for the TD and a Jags36 -32 lead(yes, the greatest D of all time gave up 36 points to the Jags. lol).

After the furious comeback it looked like the Ravens once again had their usual 4th quarter collapse and most fans started filing out of the stadium. My 9 yo son looked over at me and said "Dad aren't we leaving?" I just said "nope" and we stayed put while stadium was emptying. The Ravens started their last drive at the 25 with a minute and change left. 4 plays later Banks hit Sharpe for his 5th TD pass on the day to secure the 39 - 36 win. Those of us left in the stadium went bonkers!

While there have been many, many other noteworthy plays over the years seeing the excitement and joy on my son's face was priceless and made that play the best of all time for me.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
this is probably a weird one and i dont remember how the play ended but i remember watching the pre-snap movement on defense in the first game of the 2012 season vs cinci and thinking wow that's unbelievable and andy dalton looked just as confused and in awe as i did...

Tiz

Practice Squad
A few that stand out.
McNair first drive vs tb. 80 yard masterfully done drive. All kinds hope that yr.

Flacco's catch rookie yr.

Ray Lewis breaking off mendenhall

Negatives.
Playing bad at home and Bart Scott getting mad cause he was booed. Bitch if you play better no one will boo you.

Lee fucking Evans dropped pass.
[doublepost=1494317337,1494317019][/doublepost]

Not the int but Jarrett leveling Hines

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
happy
sad
happy
sad
happy
sad
happy
sad
happy
sad
happy
sad
happy

All in a matter of minuets.
That game was insane. Back a few years ago (when losing was rare) I would order a pizza in gloom looking games to cope with my sadness lol. I remember hearing my dad screaming at the TV as I went to pay the Pizza man, only to sprint back in and see Jacoby running it down the sidelines. Then followed by stress eating pizza. Then by some more screaming. I'm very sad Marlon never turned out to be anything.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Let me tell you, I was watching that Bronco Raven game during the playoffs with my manager at the time who is a hardcore Browns fan...

When Flacco made that pass to Jacoby we embraced in the air and spun bouncing up and down like schoolgirls at a football game lmfao

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
The interception at the end of the 2014 playoff game.

The Mile High Miracle.

Jacoby's kick return to start the 2nd half of the Superbowl.

Suggs's pick against the Steelers in the 2014 playoffs.

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
willis mcgahee and leron mcclain runs vs the cowboys

Ray lewis vs the chargers. 4th down

[doublepost=1494374188,1494373902][/doublepost]Terrance Brooks big hit

Reactions: Tiz

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
this made me laugh so hard.
timmy jernigan recovers a fumble then fumbles then out of frustration shoves fitzpatrick. @3:36

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Lots of great ones here.

I was AT this game it pretty much happened right in front of me.

Note: Not just Ray busting through, he had three back ups in case Sproles made a sharp turn.

I was at this game as well. My favorite play easily. i was also at the 4th and 29 game, got out of the Marines one week later and left.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
A few that stand out.
McNair first drive vs tb. 80 yard masterfully done drive. All kinds hope that yr.

Flacco's catch rookie yr.

Ray Lewis breaking off mendenhall

Negatives.
Playing bad at home and Bart Scott getting mad cause he was booed. Bitch if you play better no one will boo you.

Lee fucking Evans dropped pass.
[doublepost=1494317337,1494317019][/doublepost]

Not the int but Jarrett leveling Hines

Leave it to my mam Tiz to have me in stitches laughing! I remember that though and this was my same sentiments! :D:D