• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Super Wildcard Weekend Discussion (Bye week)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With Ravens on bye it's a (maybe) relaxing "super" wildcard weekend.

3 AFC games followed by 3 NFC games. Best guess is that means AFC divisional games will be on Saturday next week.

SATURDAY
Browns @ Texans on Saturday at 4:30pm to open the playoffs. Browns favourites but not prohibitively so. January Joe starting his first playoff game since 2014. Last time the Texans and Browns played, CJ Stroud was unavailable.

Dolphins @ Chiefs Saturday night. Dolphins have beaten 1 team with a winning record all year (when they kicked a bunch of field goals to sneak past the cowboys at home who notably haven't traveled well). Dolphins have only lost players since they lost to the Chiefs on neutral ground in Germany earlier this season. Chiefs have been unimpressive but looks like it might be outrageously cold and windy at Arrowhead...

SUNDAY
Steelers @ Bills on Sunday at 1pm to begin the Sunday slate of games. Bills heavy favourites. Steelers have no business being in the playoffs, which makes it feel all the more likely that they find some way to win this game. Bills have been on a hot streak down the stretch despite some erratic play. Because this is the last game of the 3 AFC fixtures, the Ravens won't find out their Division Week opponent until the conclusion of this game.

Packers @ Cowboys on Sunday at 4:30pm to open the NFC playoff slate. Cowboys have been a completely different team at home so it's important that this is being played in Dallas. Jordan Love has truly taken off with this young group of receivers. Cowboys are favourites but no reason to think this Packers team can't cause the upset.

Rams @ Lions on SNF with Goff and Stafford set to face off against each other and their former teams. A chance for this fun Lions team to turn a page in that franchise's history. A chance for this ascending young Rams team to make some noise and go on a run. Probably the most exciting matchup in this first week of playoff games.

Eagles @ Bucs on MNF and maybe the two least exciting teams in the NFC draw right now facing up against each other. One of these teams will be making it to the divisional round. Bucs have an upstart kind of vibe but will require Baker Mayfield to go on one of his fun stretches of games (and not the other kind) while the Eagles have been limping into the playoffs after a hot start to the season and will be hoping they can outlast the Bucs and turn their fortunes around.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Denzel Ward (knee)
Jaire Alexander (ankle)

Both injured at practice. Haven't seen anything on availability for the WC

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm only watching one game Sat since the KC game got hijacked by peacock. PPV is apparantly starting for the greedy owners. I'm still trying to figger out if I can root for the Steelers but dammit beating them on the road to the championship is almost a nessassity to make this a complete season.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
With Ravens on bye it's a (maybe) relaxing "super" wildcard weekend.

3 AFC games followed by 3 NFC games. Best guess is that means AFC divisional games will be on Saturday next week.

SATURDAY
Browns @ Texans on Saturday at 4:30pm to open the playoffs. Browns favourites but not prohibitively so. January Joe starting his first playoff game since 2014. Last time the Texans and Browns played, CJ Stroud was unavailable.

Dolphins @ Chiefs Saturday night. Dolphins have beaten 1 team with a winning record all year (when they kicked a bunch of field goals to sneak past the cowboys at home who notably haven't traveled well). Dolphins have only lost players since they lost to the Chiefs on neutral ground in Germany earlier this season. Chiefs have been unimpressive but looks like it might be outrageously cold and windy at Arrowhead...

SUNDAY
Steelers @ Bills on Sunday at 1pm to begin the Sunday slate of games. Bills heavy favourites. Steelers have no business being in the playoffs, which makes it feel all the more likely that they find some way to win this game. Bills have been on a hot streak down the stretch despite some erratic play. Because this is the last game of the 3 AFC fixtures, the Ravens won't find out their Division Week opponent until the conclusion of this game.

Packers @ Cowboys on Sunday at 4:30pm to open the NFC playoff slate. Cowboys have been a completely different team at home so it's important that this is being played in Dallas. Jordan Love has truly taken off with this young group of receivers. Cowboys are favourites but no reason to think this Packers team can't cause the upset.

Rams @ Lions on SNF with Goff and Stafford set to face off against each other and their former teams. A chance for this fun Lions team to turn a page in that franchise's history. A chance for this ascending young Rams team to make some noise and go on a run. Probably the most exciting matchup in this first week of playoff games.

Eagles @ Bucs on MNF and maybe the two least exciting teams in the NFC draw right now facing up against each other. One of these teams will be making it to the divisional round. Bucs have an upstart kind of vibe but will require Baker Mayfield to go on one of his fun stretches of games (and not the other kind) while the Eagles have been limping into the playoffs after a hot start to the season and will be hoping they can outlast the Bucs and turn their fortunes around.
Okay rossihunter_75! I see ya with the previews! The last 2 games intrigue me the most.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
for a wildcard weekend there's some pretty good matchups tbh - better than usual

bills-steelers the only one where it feels like an upset is truly unlikely
weather could level the playing field. Especially with how well the Steelers have been running the ball lately

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ravens game is officially Sunday, January 21st at 6:30pm
That's an extra day of rest I didn't think we were going to have. I'll take it, guess the 49ers game is before that I assume. Both one seeds playing on Sunday with the 2/3 seeds on Saturday.

Edit: CBS lists the AFC Championship Game to be played at 3:00pm on Sunday January 28th.

Last edited: