• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defence and The Special Teams

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Slow start, maybe rust, maybe just took a while to adjust to the unexpected defensive blitz-heavy gameplan from the Texans.

But 2nd half, Lamar took over. QB run game was unanswered by the Texans defence and Lamar was dealing from the pocket once he settled in. 4 TDs no turnovers. Nice supporting acts from Hill, Likely and Flowers but Lamar put the team on his back in the 2nd half and dominated.

Defence was absolutely stifling. Gave up 3 points to this upstart Texans offence. Stroud didn't really make any mistakes and yet still couldn't do anything against this defence. No sacks, no turnovers and yet it was dominating. Mike Macdonald has this Shanahan coaching tree offence in a stranglehold... only the Rams from that tree have done anything against this defence on an off day. Masterclass today.

Special teams spotted the Texans one on the return to keep all ravens fans' blood pressure high. Stout's punting was awful in his first playoff game. Luckily didnt have to punt in the 2nd half once.

Look relatively unscathed in terms of health. Need to check on Gus, but Queen and Darby look like they were able to play through their knocks so should be ok.

Onto a first ever AFC Championship game in Baltimore!!! First championship game since the 2012 January Joe Superbowl run.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Love you Dak, MVP! MVP! First ever AFC championship game in Baltimore , let’s go!!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m so fucking happy for Lamar yall

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m so fucking happy for Lamar yall
Nice game , nothing flashy but calm, cool, and took what the defense gave him vs a very good defensive HC

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Don't think I'm exaggerating when I say adjustments from all 3 phases 1st to second half were STARK.

Offense did what we know it can do. OL got it together. Lamar and Likely just dominated. Dalvin was a breath of fresh air.

Defense completely cleaned up the ridiculous 3rd down collapses. They didn't have a running game at all. Despite Stroud greatness, they had his number.

STs were completely clean in the second half.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say the difference was immense. 1st half was textbook losing football. Second half was championship football.

Lamar said it was rust. If it was..... Look out

Great win! Like I said the difference is these coordinators adjust at the half. These texans put up points on a great D the Browns. We held them out of the endzone the whole game! We need to see more involvement of Beckham. Also, Dalvin looked good with those few chances.

What a game!!! Woooohhhhhoooo.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
IMG8906463285146167753.gif

He could teach Harbaugh a thing or 2