• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was hoping not to be putting this thread up tonight.

Partly because it's hard to imagine this team being as complete next year as it is today...

March 11th: Legal Tampering Window for Free agency
April 25th-27th: NFL Draft

Guys with significant snaps/roles who will be free agents:
Justin Madubuike
Patrick Queen
Geno Stone
Kevin Zeitler
John Simpson
Jadeveon Clowney
Kyle Van Noy
Nelson Agholor
Gus Edwards
Ronald Darby
Arthur Maulet
Devin Duvernay
Tyler Huntley

That list doesn't include Odell, Bowser, Moses, Ricard and maybe even Ronnie Stanley who are all guys under contract (Odell only somewhat technically) who decisions will need to be made on.

What happens with Justin Madubuike will have major repercussions on the offseason in terms of cap availability, whether the ravens can get a deal done or whether he plays on the tag (assuming they tag him).

Seems possible, or even probable that Mike Macdonald could be the Seahawks next HC which would mean hiring a new DC for 2024.

A potentially tumultuous offseason ahead with lots of potential change upcoming.

Absolutely gutted that this post is going up tonight and not in 2 weeks time.

Simba

Staff Member
A tough day to start this. Seeing all of those names makes you realize just how much talent we have and how different it’s going to look next year. We really struck gold with all of the vets this year, but they’re guys that are going to fade out in 1-2 years regardless. Still a lot of young talent to build around here.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
A tough day to start this. Seeing all of those names makes you realize just how much talent we have and how different it’s going to look next year. We really struck gold with all of the vets this year, but they’re guys that are going to fade out in 1-2 years regardless. Still a lot of young talent to build around here.

the core is in a good place
but it definitely feels like this roster is going to have to get much younger for next year

a good reminder today too, that the trenches truly do win games

Madubuike surely has to be a part of the future of this team
but we need to find someone else on the DL

both OTs gave up huge plays today and both OGs are free agents

both lines probably going to be key offseason stories
and the RB room too

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
the core is in a good place
but it definitely feels like this roster is going to have to get much younger for next year

a good reminder today too, that the trenches truly do win games

Madubuike surely has to be a part of the future of this team
but we need to find someone else on the DL

both OTs gave up huge plays today and both OGs are free agents

both lines probably going to be key offseason stories
and the RB room too
The WR room is also shit now

Simba

Staff Member
This FA list in it's entirety is wild...

Agholor, Nelson
Beckham Jr., Odell (effectively)
Clowney, Jadeveon
Cook, Dalvin
Darby, Ronald
Dobbins, JK
Duvernay, Devin
Edwards, Gus
Harrison, Malik
Huntley, Tyler
Johnson, Josh
Madubuike, Justin
Maulet, Arthur
Mustipher, Sam
Ott, Tyler
Phillips, Del'Shawn
Queen, Patrick
Simpson, John
Stone, Geno
Treadwell, Laquon
Urban, Brent
Van Noy, Kyle
Worley, Daryl
Ya-Sin, Rock
Zeitler, Kevin

Going to need to replace a lot of snaps and rely on some young guys to step up. It's looking like a weak draft class but might still need to hedge our bets on a lot of picks to fill some of the depth roles.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Agholor, Nelson
Clowney, Jadeveon
Cook, Dalvin
Darby, Ronald
Dobbins, JK
Duvernay, Devin
Edwards, Gus
Harrison, Malik
Huntley, Tyler
Johnson, Josh
Madubuike, Justin
Maulet, Arthur
Mustipher, Sam
Ott, Tyler
Phillips, Del'Shawn
Queen, Patrick
Simpson, John
Stone, Geno
Treadwell, Laquon
Urban, Brent
Van Noy, Kyle
Worley, Daryl
Ya-Sin, Rock
Zeitler, Kevin

Going to need to replace a lot of snaps and rely on some young guys to step up. It's looking like a weak draft class but might still need to hedge our bets on a lot of picks to fill some of the depth roles.
I really am dreading this offseason for this very reason. I didn't even want to think about this this early.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

Agholor, Nelson
Clowney, Jadeveon
Cook, Dalvin
Darby, Ronald
Dobbins, JK
Duvernay, Devin
Edwards, Gus
Harrison, Malik
Huntley, Tyler
Johnson, Josh
Madubuike, Justin
Maulet, Arthur
Mustipher, Sam
Ott, Tyler
Phillips, Del'Shawn
Queen, Patrick
Simpson, John
Stone, Geno
Treadwell, Laquon
Urban, Brent
Van Noy, Kyle
Worley, Daryl
Ya-Sin, Rock
Zeitler, Kevin

Looks at the list a little differently…

WR Agholor, Nelson
WR Beckham Jr., Odell (effectively)
EDGE Clowney, Jadeveon
RB Cook, Dalvin
CB Darby, Ronald
RB Dobbins, JK
WR/KR Duvernay, Devin
RB Edwards, Gus
LB Harrison, Malik
QB Huntley, Tyler
QB Johnson, Josh
DL Madubuike, Justin
CB Maulet, Arthur
C Mustipher, Sam
TE Ott, Tyler
LB Phillips, Del'Shawn
LB Queen, Patrick
G Simpson, John
DB Stone, Geno
WR Treadwell, Laquon
DL Urban, Brent
EDGE Van Noy, Kyle
CB Worley, Daryl
CB Ya-Sin, Rock
G Zeitler, Kevin

Definitely got holes on CB, EDGE, G, WR, and surprisingly LB. I didn’t realize Harrison is a FA. FWIW, I think we can bring these guys back if we want depending on Macdonald as I expect him to target these same dudes if he leaves. I’m guessing he’s on his way to Seattle right now.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

WR Agholor, Nelson
EDGE Clowney, Jadeveon
RB Cook, Dalvin
CB Darby, Ronald
RB Dobbins, JK
WR/KR Duvernay, Devin
RB Edwards, Gus
LB Harrison, Malik
QB Huntley, Tyler
QB Johnson, Josh
DL Madubuike, Justin
CB Maulet, Arthur
C Mustipher, Sam
TE Ott, Tyler
LB Phillips, Del'Shawn
LB Queen, Patrick
G Simpson, John
DB Stone, Geno
WR Treadwell, Laquon
DL Urban, Brent
EDGE Van Noy, Kyle
CB Worley, Daryl
CB Ya-Sin, Rock
G Zeitler, Kevin

Definitely got holes on CB, EDGE, G, WR, and surprisingly LB. I didn’t realize Harrison is a FA. FWIW, I think we can bring these guys back if we want depending on Macdonald as I expect him to target these same dudes if he leaves. I’m guessing he’s on his way to Seattle right now.
we may be able to get some of these guys, including Madubuike, as long as he is extended and not franchised.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Am I crazy for thinking that the WR room will be revamped once again? At least Zay is an amazing talent to build around…

Also, I think the RB room should be revamped too. I don’t want Dobbins back and I’m on the fence about Gus and Justice. Keaton will obviously be here but we really need to finally find that “guy” that Dobbins was supposed to be

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Am I crazy for thinking that the WR room will be revamped once again? At least Zay is an amazing talent to build around…

Also, I think the RB room should be revamped too. I don’t want Dobbins back and I’m on the fence about Gus and Justice. Keaton will obviously be here but we really need to finally find that “guy” that Dobbins was supposed to be
WR felt like a 1 year solution the whole time. Having Likely and Andrews together would help. Maybe bring Agholor back on a reasonable deal? If we could draft someone who's a little better than Agholor, that could be a solid group of Flowers, Bateman, Agholor, and the rookie. That might be banking on a lot though

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

WR Agholor, Nelson
EDGE Clowney, Jadeveon
RB Cook, Dalvin
CB Darby, Ronald
RB Dobbins, JK
WR/KR Duvernay, Devin
RB Edwards, Gus
LB Harrison, Malik
QB Huntley, Tyler
QB Johnson, Josh
DL Madubuike, Justin
CB Maulet, Arthur
C Mustipher, Sam
TE Ott, Tyler
LB Phillips, Del'Shawn
LB Queen, Patrick
G Simpson, John
DB Stone, Geno
WR Treadwell, Laquon
DL Urban, Brent
EDGE Van Noy, Kyle
CB Worley, Daryl
CB Ya-Sin, Rock
G Zeitler, Kevin

Let all their ass walk

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Let all their ass walk
For sure most can go. But we're probably gonna suck next year.

RB is a nightmare
WR is pretty dang bad
OL is potentially a mess

EDGE is a disaster
ILB is a huge unknown
CB is thin
S is thin

It's a mess out there. And it's not like we have any money. Nor do we have a lot of picks. And this draft is ass.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Nope. I don't know what we'll do with Odell or Nelly. Nelly seemed like a great teammate with his selfless acts on the field. The RB room is a wild card. I don't know wtf happened to Gus this game. Curious to see if we go for one in both FA and draft.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

You're not crazy at all.

Zay, Bateman, and Tylan are the guys that are under contract.

I love OBJ but I don't love his availability. He always looks one play away from being out for the rest of the game. Would love to have him back but at the price it's a bit high for someone he isn't the guy.

Loved Nelson here too. Maybe we can keep him.

This I would think is make or break for Bateman. Enough is enough for him. He has not looked right all year so this offseason and with a fell year under his belt he is going to have to show something.

THE MIKE EVANS ERA IS HERE BOYZ

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Bro… trade this fool for Jaire Alexander. At least we know he a dawg.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
OBJ is done. He's been good for the locker room but contributed very little on the field. He looked like he really wanted to but there's not much left.

I'd like to keep Nelly, if possible but considering the needs, I don't think he'll be a priority keep. Maybe if he's again available late in the FA. Need some proper help for Zay, that's for sure.

Ojabo hopefully starts his career next season but we'll be very thin at the edge again. Need multiple corners, too and this time CB1, as well. Wonder if we're ever going to draft someone with ball skills. Shape of the D line core obviously depends on Madubuike outcome. O line needs a major improvement but with all of the thin positions above, we'll ride Stanley and Moses because we're not getting a starting tackle at 29/30. Couple quality RBs, for sure, since Keaton most likely isn't going to be active to start the season.

It will be near impossible to construct next roster with a quality depth.

Heaps of needs, not many draft picks, picking late in the underwhelming class and shit cap space. It's not looking pretty.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
OBJ is done. He's been good for the locker room but contributed very little on the field. He looked like he really wanted to but there's not much left.

I'd like to keep Nelly, if possible but considering the needs, I don't think he'll be a priority keep. Maybe if he's again available late in the FA. Need some proper help for Zay, that's for sure.

Ojabo hopefully starts his career next season but we'll be very thin at the edge again. Need multiple corners, too and this time CB1, as well. Wonder if we're ever going to draft someone with ball skills. Shape of the D line core obviously depends on Madubuike outcome. O line needs a major improvement but with all of the thin positions above, we'll ride Stanley and Moses because we're not getting a starting tackle at 29/30. Couple quality RBs, for sure, since Keaton most likely isn't going to be active to start the season.

It will be near impossible to construct next roster with a quality depth.

Heaps of needs, not many draft picks, picking late in the underwhelming class and shit cap space. It's not looking pretty.

going to have to hope young guys can step up but we have got a core group of guys to work with that's nice

we've got Lamar at QB
we've got Andrews, Zay, Likely, Bateman and hopefully Keaton's ok - that's not an amazing group but it's certainly not a bad starting place
so many questions on the OL but no questions about Linderbaum... Ronnie's probably still gonna be the LT in 2024 but i would expect us to be in on the group of OTs at the top of the class for a potential replacement/sidekick at LG

on defence we've got Hamilton, Roquan, Marlo and Stephens...
retain Madubuike and you've got him, Pierce, Jones, Washington on the DL and you're pretty happy with the bones of your defence
EDGE is obviously a really thin position - nothing to be expected from Ojabo going into year 3 after 2 season-ending injuries, only hope... which leaves us with Oweh...

RB, EDGE need overhauls
OL could be in major flux
WR needs another revamp
DB room needs some depth

we've had more complicated offseasons than that in the past

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I expect the team will take a real step back, honestly, and I'd rather look toward 2025.

The running back room is going to be overhauled with only Keaton and Hill returning. We have no idea how Keaton will respond coming off his injury.

Wide receiver is getting a major shake up. Really have to hope Bateman gets over whatever has been afflicting him because he's now the defacto starter. And Wallace is now your defacto three.

Ravens are definitely losing both starting guards and a lot of fans have floated the idea of cutting Moses because the cap is so tight. The offensive line could be headed for a major shake up. Admittedly, Cleveland has looked good in limited action, but even Gino Gradkowski looked good for an entire game against the Bengals and Geno Atkins.

Defensively, I'm not sold on the idea of Madubuike being back. Losing Queen will be rough. Very likely losing 18.5 sacks between Clowney and Van Noy. Probably losing a lot of snaps in the secondary with Darby, Maulet, and Stone.

And there's a very real possibility that MacDonald is gone along with Weaver and Dennard.

The Ravens have six picks in the upcoming draft and like $16M in cap space.

But it's a good thing the Ravens only need to overhaul/restock RB, WR, OL, OLB, and DB.

This is going to be a very rough offseason, I think.