• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
So...

buffalo_guy, purplepittabread88, ozzsome, and paraydise have all declined a 2nd team

larams11 and amikeus9000 are confirmed new participants. 2-3 more from @purplepittabread88's crew it seems to hopefully we'll be good.
I'm also willing to give up a 2nd team if someone needs a team, but I'll also stay with 2 depending on what the group needs

Initial inclination is to random all of the late adds and add them starting at 17. Snake will start after the new guys (and minus those that only want 1 team obviously).
You guys are in charge and will make the decision. However, my two cents is that the new players will find it more difficult to manage a more complicated team by putting them towards the end of round.

Simba

Staff Member
New draft order. For transparency into the process, we kept the original draft order and selected a random integer from random.org to place all of the new entrants. @LArams11 started with 19, followed by @amikeus9000 rolling a 15, and finally @DaddyDK rolling an 8.

1. @Thezone27
2. @Giants56Ravens52
3. @Truth
4. @52520Andrew
5. @paRAYdise
6. @Simba
7. @jmart112189
8. @DaddyDK
9. @Cowboysfan1
10. @Grim
11. @DaCiderEarl
12. @Ozzsome
13. @RavensMania
14. @purplepittabread88
15. @amikeus9000
16. @Buffalo_Guy
17. @SepticeyePoe
18. @Ludy51
19. @LArams11

We will snake after that, but with 5 players only wanting 1 team right now (@purplepittabread88, @paRAYdise, @Ozzsome, @Buffalo_Guy, and @Giants56Ravens52), we only have 30 total spots filled. If any of you would like a 2nd team again, please let me know and we can get you back in the order. Should be good to start selecting up through 1-19 until we figure that out.

If any newbies want a 2nd team as well, please let me know.

Simba

Staff Member
Also new this year:

We will continue to use Spotrac because they are the easiest for our game. We understand the potential inaccuracies there, so we want to give you the opportunity as you get set up to cross reference with Over The Cap. If you see anything egregious, please let us know and we'll see if we can make an adjustment. This will be open only for a couple of days max after everyone has a team, so don't wait to check.

I personally checked a team in the past and Spotrac just had the math completely wrong (by like $7-8M) and we want to provide some ability to ignore and rectify those errors when possible.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
New draft order. For transparency into the process, we kept the original draft order and selected a random integer from random.org to place all of the new entrants. @LArams11 started with 19, followed by @amikeus9000 rolling a 15, and finally @DaddyDK rolling an 8.

1. @Thezone27
2. @Giants56Ravens52
3. @Truth
4. @52520Andrew
5. @paRAYdise
6. @Simba
7. @jmart112189
8. @DaddyDK
9. @Cowboysfan1
10. @Grim
11. @DaCiderEarl
12. @Ozzsome
13. @RavensMania
14. @purplepittabread88
15. @amikeus9000
16. @Buffalo_Guy
17. @SepticeyePoe
18. @Ludy51
19. @LArams11

We will snake after that, but with 5 players only wanting 1 team right now (@purplepittabread88, @paRAYdise, @Ozzsome, @Buffalo_Guy, and @Giants56Ravens52), we only have 30 total spots filled. If any of you would like a 2nd team again, please let me know and we can get you back in the order. Should be good to start selecting up through 1-19 until we figure that out.

If any newbies want a 2nd team as well, please let me know.
Thanks for the creativity in figuring this out and making a system that works. Appreciate it

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Team Selection Draft thread is up and the Team Selection begins at 11am est

Simba

Staff Member
Slots 20-32 are slightly fluid right now until we figure out what we can do with the last 2 open spots. Figured we’ll start through 19 so we don’t delay it any further.

If you or anyone you know wants a first or second team, let us know. At this point, anyone new will be slotted in at 20.

If any people with 1 team opt to help us out and take 2 again, we’ll add you to the snake accordingly.

I'll take a second team if needed. I may just do drafting, dropping, and trades though which would probably work since I would be picking 31st I'm guessing?

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I should've known the Bears would be gone by the first pick. Excellent choice!