• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
really like those last two picks. I almost picked Eichenberg, but went with Grayson Murphy for the upside.

I also like Stiggers. He has already logged a season of pro ball, although it was in the CFL. He's a really good zone defneder and comfortable playijng out in space. He had a good feel for route concepts with good press skills. I was hoping I'd get a chance at him in the first round of UDFAs. Nice pick.

Simba

Staff Member
really like those last two picks. I almost picked Eichenberg, but went with Grayson Murphy for the upside.

I also like Stiggers. He has already logged a season of pro ball, although it was in the CFL. He's a really good zone defneder and comfortable playijng out in space. He had a good feel for route concepts with good press skills. I was hoping I'd get a chance at him in the first round of UDFAs. Nice pick.
Eichenberg was an interesting one because I was shitting on him in a PM just a few days ago, and now I have him lol. I don't like the idea of him as a day 2/early day 3 guy as many analysts have him, but he's likely going to play in the league so figured at this stage I should set aside some biases and take the chance, especially heading into UDFA.

Stiggers is also an interesting one because watching CFL tape and highlights is wild. Not much experience there but the tools are present and should be a fun project. I like his story a lot too, and felt he was fitting of the Mr. Irrelevant title.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Eichenberg was an interesting one because I was shitting on him in a PM just a few days ago, and now I have him lol. I don't like the idea of him as a day 2/early day 3 guy as many analysts have him, but he's likely going to play in the league so figured at this stage I should set aside some biases and take the chance, especially heading into UDFA.

Stiggers is also an interesting one because watching CFL tape and highlights is wild. Not much experience there but the tools are present and should be a fun project. I like his story a lot too, and felt he was fitting of the Mr. Irrelevant title.
yeah, I came across him last week and was hoping he'd make it to the UDFA periods. Should have known one of you guys would have grabbed him. As much as I liked him, I'm pretty happy he became Mr. Irrelevant. I'm going to share him with you as 'OUR' discovery.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Kedon Slovis is a good friend of my wifes cousin. I was hoping he would be here during our UDFA period. When I played the RSR Mock, I selected him with my last pick 7.13.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I've not seen him but it sounds like I may have missed out. Hope he's just that for you.
Shirden's almost the same size, maybe a bit lighter and slightly slower. Could be an interesting udfa for the Ravens if Mitchell has any set backs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Shirden's almost the same size, maybe a bit lighter and slightly slower. Could be an interesting udfa for the Ravens if Mitchell has any set backs
I was going to take Shirden with the Chiefs if you hadn't taken him. Good pick.

Simba

Staff Member
Obviously it will happen in UDFA, but I think this is the first draft ever where I got all the guys I was targeting as my picks approached. My backup options typically went within a few picks as well, so I was seemingly on track with the market this go around. Shout out to everyone for letting me get who I wanted though.

Simba

Staff Member
Fun Eric Watts story (but not the football player that I just took at all)...

I had a teacher in high school named Eric Watts. My girlfriend at the time had pictures on her binder of her baby nephew. This awkward ass man comes up to arms behind his back and point blank asks "so, is that your child?" with me sitting right next to her, him knowing full well we had been dating. So now every time I see Eric Watts' name on my depth chart, I'm going to think of the most awkward encounter of my life.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Fun Eric Watts story (but not the football player that I just took at all)...

I had a teacher in high school named Eric Watts. My girlfriend at the time had pictures on her binder of her baby nephew. This awkward ass man comes up to arms behind his back and point blank asks "so, is that your child?" with me sitting right next to her, him knowing full well we had been dating. So now every time I see Eric Watts' name on my depth chart, I'm going to think of the most awkward encounter of my life.

Is your signee Eric Watts Jr.? It would be some cosmic level juju if he was actually his child.