• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Rossi's April Top 10s

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Still not started stacking the big board yet but thought I'd put out some top 10s.

I've joined nickels, safeties and CBs together for DBs so am doing 20 rather than 10.
I'm doing all OL together so also doing 20 rather than 10.
For both will articulate where I think they fit.
I'm gonna do 16 WRs just because... Actually it's 16 because I just emptied all my day 2 guys into the rankings and didn't want to leave anyone out...

N.B. LBs and TEs are top 10s but for full transparency, I've only got through 10 guys. DL I've graded 12 and QBs I've graded 11.

If someone you rate highly doesn't appear in these position rankings... let me know! Either I've missed someone who I should be interested in or I massively disagree with you on how we feel about a player and that's interesting too...

DTs:

1) Byron Murphy II
2) Jer'zhan Newton
3) T'Vondre Sweat
4) Michael Hall Jr
5) Braden Fiske
6) Kris Jenkins
7) Maason Smith
8) Ruke Orhorhoro
9) DeWayne Carter
10) Leonard Taylor III

EDGE:

1) Jared Verse
2) Dallas Turner
3) Laiatu Latu
4) Chop Robinson
5) Darius Robinson
6) Chris Braswell
7) Austin Booker
8) Jonah Elliss
9) Mohamed Kamara
10) Adisa Isaac

LB:

1) Edgerrin Cooper
2) Payton Wilson
3) Junior Colson
4) Cedric Gray
5) Jeremiah Trotter Jr
6) Trevin Wallace
7) Marist Liufau
8) Ty'Ron Hopper
9) Steele Chambers
10) JD Bertrand

DB:

1) Quinyon Mitchell (CB)
2) Nate Wiggins (CB)
3) Terrion Arnold (CB)
4) Cooper DeJean (DB)
5) Kool-Aid McKinstry (CB)
6) Ennis Rakestraw Jr (CB)
7) Cole Bishop (Safety)
8) Tyler Nubin (Safety)
9) TJ Tampa (CB)
10) Cam Hart (CB)
11) Renardo Green (CB)
12) DJ James (CB)
13) Dadrion Taylor-Demerson (Safety)
14) Max Melton (CB/Nickel)
15) Kamren Kinchens (Safety)
16) Jaylin Simpson (Nickel/Safety
17) Andru Phillips (Nickel)
18) Mike Sainristil (Nickel)
19) Javon Bullard (Safety)
20) Elijah Jones (CB)

QB:

1) Caleb Williams
2) Drake Maye
3) Jayden Daniels
4) JJ McCarthy
5) Spencer Rattler
6) Bo Nix
7) Michael Penix Jr
8) Jordan Travis
9) Taulia Tagovailoa
10) Joe Milton III

OL:

1) Joe Alt (OT)
2) Olu Fashanu (OT)
3) Troy Fautanu (OT/IOL)
4) Amarius Mims (OT)
5) JC Latham (OT)
6) Taliese Fuaga (OT/IOL)
7) Graham Barton (IOL/OT)
8) Tyler Guyton (OT)
9) Christian Haynes (OG)
10) Jackson Powers-Johnson (IOL)
11) Kingsley Suamataia (OT/IOL)
12) Cooper Beebe (OG)
13) Jordan Morgan (IOL/OT)
14) Blake Fisher (OT)
15) Patrick Paul (OT)
16) Zach Frazier (OC)
17) Kiran Amegadjie (OT)
18) Dominick Puni (IOL/OT)
19) Roger Rosengarten (OT)
20) Caeden Wallace (IOL)

RB:

1) Jonathon Brooks
2) Ray Davis
3) Audric Estime
4) Bucky Irving
5) Tyrone Tracy Jr
6) Trey Benson
7) Blake Corum
8) Jaylen Wright
9) MarShawn Lloyd
10) Rasheen Ali

TE:

1) Brock Bowers
2) Ja'Tavion Sanders
3) Cade Stover
4) Tip Reiman
5) Theo Johnson
6) AJ Barner
7) Ben Sinnott
8) Jared Wiley
9) McCallan Castles
10) Erick All

WR:

1) Malik Nabers
2) Marvin Harrison Jr
3) Rome Odunze
4) Brian Thomas Jr
5) Adonai Mitchell
6) Ricky Pearsall
7) Xavier Legette
8) Ladd McConkey
9) Ja'Lynn Polk
10) Jermaine Burton
11) Troy Franklin
12) Xavier Worthy
13) Keon Coleman
14) Roman Wilson
15) Javon Baker
16) Jalen McMillan

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How many first round grades do you have at this stage?

22 solid 1st round grades
an additional 7 with late 1st grades
another 7 after that with early 2nd grades - the only guy from this group I could see us picking in the 1st round is Kingsley Suamataia... and these groups also do not include Jordan Morgan who may well be in play (but I'm not into as a 1st rounder)

but 22 guys (including 2 QBs - which helps because there's likely at least 4 QBs to be taken before we pick)
literally just been doing a bunch of mock draft sims to see how often one of those 22 falls to 30 - seems to happen most times that 1 of those guys fall... but it really is normally just 1 (if any), 2 at most

the three most common names that fall in my top 22 on PFN are: Cooper DeJean, Graham Barton and Tyler Guyton
and on PFF if anyone falls (which doesnt happen often), it's Adonai Mitchell

which made me curious about actual mock drafters

in DJ's most recent mock, 20 were gone and the ravens got Dejean (with Adonai Mitchell available)
in Brugler's most recent mock, all 22 were gone and the Ravens traded out of the pick with the panthers and pick Suamataia at 33
in zierlein's most recent mock, all 22 were gone and the ravens got Jordan Morgan
in matt miller's most recent mock, all 22 were gone and the ravens got Ladd McConkey
in kiper's most recent mock, 20 were gone and the ravens got Mims (with Adonai Mitchell available)
in edholm's most recent mock, 21 were gone and the ravens got Guyton
in bucky's most recent mock, 19 were gone and the ravens got Guyton (with Wiggins and Adonai Mitchell available)

feels like it's gonna be that kind of a draft where we get 1 guy to fall if we're lucky
but really hard to work out who that guy is - dejean's a popular name right now to drop to us, but i bet you he goes much higher in mocks once he blows up his pro day next week

Simba

Staff Member
22 solid 1st round grades
an additional 7 with late 1st grades
another 7 after that with early 2nd grades - the only guy from this group I could see us picking in the 1st round is Kingsley Suamataia... and these groups also do not include Jordan Morgan who may well be in play (but I'm not into as a 1st rounder)

but 22 guys (including 2 QBs - which helps because there's likely at least 4 QBs to be taken before we pick)
literally just been doing a bunch of mock draft sims to see how often one of those 22 falls to 30 - seems to happen most times that 1 of those guys fall... but it really is normally just 1 (if any), 2 at most

the three most common names that fall in my top 22 on PFN are: Cooper DeJean, Graham Barton and Tyler Guyton
and on PFF if anyone falls (which doesnt happen often), it's Adonai Mitchell

which made me curious about actual mock drafters

in DJ's most recent mock, 20 were gone and the ravens got Dejean (with Adonai Mitchell available)
in Brugler's most recent mock, all 22 were gone and the Ravens traded out of the pick with the panthers and pick Suamataia at 33
in zierlein's most recent mock, all 22 were gone and the ravens got Jordan Morgan
in matt miller's most recent mock, all 22 were gone and the ravens got Ladd McConkey
in kiper's most recent mock, 20 were gone and the ravens got Mims (with Adonai Mitchell available)
in edholm's most recent mock, 21 were gone and the ravens got Guyton
in bucky's most recent mock, 19 were gone and the ravens got Guyton (with Wiggins and Adonai Mitchell available)

feels like it's gonna be that kind of a draft where we get 1 guy to fall if we're lucky
but really hard to work out who that guy is - dejean's a popular name right now to drop to us, but i bet you he goes much higher in mocks once he blows up his pro day next week
Seems like we're pretty close. As of now, I ended up with 23 firm 1st round grades and that includes all 4 QBs - largely adjusted for positional value. For me, that indicates an okay draft. I've had as low as 18 in recent years so definitely better than some of the hell classes we've had to deal with.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Seems like we're pretty close. As of now, I ended up with 23 firm 1st round grades and that includes all 4 QBs - largely adjusted for positional value. For me, that indicates an okay draft. I've had as low as 18 in recent years so definitely better than some of the hell classes we've had to deal with.

it's complicated by the late 1st guys on my board
but i definitely think the top of this class runs much deeper than last year's by comparison
but true 1st round grades are pretty close (although hard to say for sure because my board from last year is lost but i had about 20 first round grades in 2022)