• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the first pick be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don’t get me wrong I want as many QBs going as possible, but it’s kind of an awkward spot for them no? Cause is there a haul that another team wants to give up for the remaining talent that’s big enough for the 5th pick?
I mean the Vikings have been telegraphing that they want a QB for the past 2 months so this has to be a pick they are targeting.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Could the Chargers be the first defensive pick of the night?
I think they go Offensive Tackle. Obviously we know what they are going to do game plan wise with Roman as OC and they do need to beef up their OL. Could be Joe Alt here, Tennessee will be pissed if Alt comes off the board before he gets to 7 but I can see it.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I think they go Offensive Tackle. Obviously we know what they are going to do game plan wise with Roman as OC and they do need to beef up their OL. Could be Joe Alt here, Tennessee will be pissed if Alt comes off the board before he gets to 7 but I can see it.
Looks like you’re right

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Given the Chargers kept the pick the Giants pick suddenly got very interesting. Giants have made no secret that they are just done with Daniel Jones (shame they did not realize he was awful 3 years ago when the rest of us did) but an elite WR is still on the board and they have no weapons of note and the Vikings certainly are going to want that pick.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Given the Chargers kept the pick the Giants pick suddenly got very interesting. Giants have made no secret that they are just done with Daniel Jones (shame they did not realize he was awful 3 years ago when the rest of us did) but an elite WR is still on the board and they have no weapons of note and the Vikings certainly are going to want that pick.

the speculation is that the giants were bringing in QBs to try and get teams to jump them

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Interesting to see what the Giants do here, I wouldn’t hate a trade out for them cause they need more than most teams and not enough capital to fill it

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Can we get a fucking trade!!!!

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
The Giants can’t possibly think they’re in a position to compete anytime soon right? If they did you’d think they’d keep Barkley

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This will be a receiver here... they must be listening to @Ludy51, build up the rest of the team first. Maybe the Giants trade up later on for a QB? Feel like the Giants can't miss with either Nabers or Odunze no matter who they pick.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
the speculation is that the giants were bringing in QBs to try and get teams to jump them
I can believe it given that the Giants cannot really cut Jones this year (and Nabers will be a gift to your next QB) but that basically means they are hoping to tank this year and get one next year because I do not see a plan B.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know Nabers salty..

Gotta catch passes from Daniels instead of Herbert