• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the first pick be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simba

Staff Member
Think Travis may well go udfa but would mind us using that 7th rounder on him
I'd imagine the QBs start rolling at some point later today. Teams are getting into the idea of taking one just in case, evidenced by last year when like 10 guys I would have never considered drafting got picked.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I say stick with Johnson as back up. When Lamar's out - we lose, so why invest in it? If Lamar's out long term, may as well maximise our draft picks for next year.

Simba

Staff Member
I say stick with Johnson as back up. When Lamar's out - we lose, so why invest in it? If Lamar's out long term, may as well maximise our draft picks for next year.
It's a day 3 pick and Johnson is 38. Even if he is the backup this year, we'd be looking again next year. If you've got a weak class like this one, QB could theoretically make sense at some point.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, if it's a 5th round pick (for example) and nobody else there you have highly graded and have a 3rd round grade on a QB, you take them. Maybe they surprise and help and showcase promise & then get flipped for a higher pick than the 5th we invested or get a second contract elsewhere at break-the-bank levels to get a 3rd round comp. I see late-round QB investments like stock, depends on the quality of QB & the others available but if it makes sense, go for it.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Well, if it's a 5th round pick (for example) and nobody else there you have highly graded and have a 3rd round grade on a QB, you take them. Maybe they surprise and help and showcase promise & then get flipped for a higher pick than the 5th we invested or get a second contract elsewhere at break-the-bank levels to get a 3rd round comp. I see late-round QB investments like stock, depends on the quality of QB & the others available but if it makes sense, go for it.
I agree, but I see this as a bit of a transitional year anyway. If Lamar goes down, we may as well really take the chance to restock

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

I think it's all about adding more competition. Johnson is cool but he legit was the ravens number 3 back up quarterback thoughout last year. Malik Cunningham may be still on the team but Harbaugh didn't make it convincing that he would even be practicing at quarterback full time. Lamar had his healthiest season last year which is great but if the team can add more talent to the quarterback room especially a backup quarterback back that can be better than Tyler Huntley than I see no problem adding that type of quarterback.