• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the first pick be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think there are absolutely guys that can make the roster that can be taken with the next couple picks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@rossihunter2 @Simba is there even a single name you actually want? Or are we at simply I know that guy and he may make someone's roster?

no one that really moves the needle
anyone we grab (that ive watched) at this point is fighting for special teams or back end of the roster at most

not many guys to get enthused about... but it's a thin class and these are super late picks

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I don't think Defensive tackle Kristian Boyd been drafted yet so he might be the pick for the ravens if he's available. Could also see the team draft another wide receiver maybe Cornelius Johnson or Ryan Flouroy .

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Honestly if there's no major preseason injuries I feel like the sum total of questions for the team are just

Do you add 1 more guard?
Where does your 4th safety come from?
Do you keep an extra CB or add a 5th ILB?

Seems super cut and dry to me.

Simba

Staff Member
I don't think Defensive tackle Kristian Boyd been drafted yet so he might be the pick for the ravens if he's available. Could also see the team draft another wide receiver maybe Cornelius Johnson or Ryan Flouroy .
He was picked like 15 picks ago or so

Simba

Staff Member
My favorites of what's left:

QB Michael Pratt
RB Blake Watson
WR Brenden Rice
TE Dallin Holker
OL Nathan Thomas
OL Garret Greenfield
DT Pheldarius Payne
DL Gabe Hall
LB Michael Barrett
CB Myles Harden
S Josh Proctor

Some 7th round grades sprinkled in there but maybe some names more at the top of that bucket for me

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly if there's no major preseason injuries I feel like the sum total of questions for the team are just

Do you add 1 more guard?
Where does your 4th safety come from?
Do you keep an extra CB or add a 5th ILB?

Seems super cut and dry to me.

to answer those questions in sequence:

Guard = probably not... our issue at G is talent rather than depth/options - we've got Josh Jones, Ben Cleveland, Andrew Vorhees and Sala to find 2 starters - all 4 are likely to make the roster

Safety = Daryl Worley

CB vs ILB = depends how you feel about malik harrison, and special teams generally... but you can never have too many corners

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
to answer those questions in sequence:

Guard = probably not... our issue at G is talent rather than depth/options - we've got Josh Jones, Ben Cleveland, Andrew Vorhees and Sala to find 2 starters - all 4 are likely to make the roster

Safety = Daryl Worley

CB vs ILB = depends how you feel about malik harrison, and special teams generally... but you can never have too many corners
That's how I feel unless some UFFA or late draft pick has a great offseason.