• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the first pick be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Honestly not the shocking. I don't think they expect any of these guys to make the team so just roll the dice on Leary vs Josh Johnson / Cunningham

Simba

Staff Member
Leary wasn't draftable for me but was a priority UDFA type. QB positional value of course impacting that

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can't say we don't need a backup qb. Looking it up, he has pocket awareness, solid at reading defenses, and can be decisive even in high pressure situations. He sounds like a guy that can run an offense for a bit

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
we had offers but we're not a trade up team and the draft is so thin that there was not a ton of benefit to trading down (unless we're getting future picks)
I just wonder if Ali was our guy at RB? If he was sweet. If not, there's no reason we couldn't have moved up 5 or so spots to get someone else.

Simba

Staff Member
I just wonder if Ali was our guy at RB? If he was sweet. If not, there's no reason we couldn't have moved up 5 or so spots to get someone else.
Takes two to tango. Of course we'll never know, but if that team 5 spots ahead of us liked the guy they took and thought they'd lose them, a late rounder isn't going to get them to give that opportunity up.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
So this draft had a lot of really good talent at the top, some VERY good talent at the top. I'd say maybe 15-25 very very good guys. After that, there was a large pool of good guys with a lot of upside and that started around the end of round 1 into about....maybe...mid 3rd round? Something like that. You had some dudes who fell but for the most part they were all on the same page. I feel like since about the middle of the 3rd to about the middle to early 5th they were about the same level of talent. Then it dropped off a cliff in the 5th with a bunch of JAGs with upside.