• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the first pick be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And C Nick Samac. Doesn't play as big as he looks but not a bad backup C option.

also proof that we've run out of guys on the front board

EDC admitted yesterday that there were no more OL on the front board at the end of day 2...
first time in a while we've had to draft anyone not from that first list of guys - truly a sign of how thin this class is

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

EDC admitted yesterday that there were no more OL on the front board at the end of day 2...
first time in a while we've had to draft anyone not from that first list of guys - truly a sign of how thin this class is
Maybe we let John pick the 7th round C (not that he's bad, btw). Only thing is he isn't from Michigan so yeah.

In all seriousness, this is rough.

Simba

Staff Member

Definitely feels like we're starting to go try to fill some holes at this point, which is fine.

Could still use DL, ILB, or S with the last pick. Will be curious to see if they go one of those.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Yeah I think right now it is about picking UDFAs you like at a position of need more than anything else. If they make it awesome, if they don't no real harm

Simba

Staff Member
maybe - not sure there's anyone at those positions you need to spend a pick on unless you want to go and get first shot at a guy like steele chambers...
Yeah maybe to reframe it... if we go one of those positions, it seems we're trying to get a jump start on some UDFAs at positions where they might be most likely to make it based on current depth.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yeah I think right now it is about picking UDFAs you like at a position of need more than anything else. If they make it awesome, if they don't no real harm
There's just not room on the roster. It's potemtially extremely well constructed if the small number of question marks pan out

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah maybe to reframe it... if we go one of those positions, it seems we're trying to get a jump start on some UDFAs at positions where they might be most likely to make it based on current depth.

i think the other thing is the control doesnt matter that much either because these guys are unlikely to make the 53 so the extra year of control isnt that big of a factor vs the 3 year udfa contract

Simba

Staff Member
i think the other thing is the control doesnt matter that much either because these guys are unlikely to make the 53 so the extra year of control isnt that big of a factor vs the 3 year udfa contract
Oh yeah. Just throwing some darts. I think both of the last 2 picks can compete for a spot but there are obviously no guarantees.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
There's just not room on the roster. It's potemtially extremely well constructed if the small number of question marks pan out
I do think they will sign a free agent at guard to compete for one of the spots, nothing crazy, probably something like Simpson last year would be my guess. You can go up to 90 for your camp roster and injuries happen so no harm in getting someone