• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 LB Thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
why do you see him going so late if you think he can step in and contribute immediately?
Most of the draft boards have him going late, and he doesn't have eye popping stats or film. He wasn't even a starter until his senior year, and while he played well, he was only third team all conference. His combine numbers are the only thing that really stand out at first view. A lot of teams will likely view him as a JAG. Someone that would be depth in a good LB core and a potentially good special teamer. Someone that's useful for the team, sure, but not something you draft high over the guys with higher ceilings.

For the Ravens specifically, he offers us more range and more consistency than Peanut, and likely won't need someone telling him where to go in order to make a play. We're one of the few teams where he could get playing time early without getting it through the starter getting injured. If a team is really drafting based on need and loved his combine they could grab him in the late 4th, but that's the highest I see him going.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Most of the draft boards have him going late, and he doesn't have eye popping stats or film. He wasn't even a starter until his senior year, and while he played well, he was only third team all conference. His combine numbers are the only thing that really stand out at first view. A lot of teams will likely view him as a JAG. Someone that would be depth in a good LB core and a potentially good special teamer. Someone that's useful for the team, sure, but not something you draft high over the guys with higher ceilings.

For the Ravens specifically, he offers us more range and more consistency than Peanut, and likely won't need someone telling him where to go in order to make a play. We're one of the few teams where he could get playing time early without getting it through the starter getting injured. If a team is really drafting based on need and loved his combine they could grab him in the late 4th, but that's the highest I see him going.

i was about to say he sounds weirdly similar to kenny young - a guy who's easy to overlook but may well end up being really great value in day 3

just the way some people talk about him makes me surprised that he wouldnt go before day 3 - it only takes one team to like what they see and have it confirmed by the measurables to take him higher

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i was about to say he sounds weirdly similar to kenny young - a guy who's easy to overlook but may well end up being really great value in day 3

just the way some people talk about him makes me surprised that he wouldnt go before day 3 - it only takes one team to like what they see and have it confirmed by the measurables to take him higher
He's not lasting until day 3.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

If you watch his film you can see how quickly he diagnoses plays and quickly he reacts. He's quick and fast and also a very instinctive player. He's most likely going day two. The combine just made people more aware and they went back and watched more film of him. I'm a big fan of him and would like him in purple and black.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ya know... I think we might be unfair on peanut. He obviously isn’t a green dot guy but I think Jefferson or young gets that anyway, but he was a playmaker, he had a fair number of impressive sacks, and quite a few forced fumbles, and he made some of these plays in big moments too.

Peanut has an edge to him and could be a guy that doesn’t do great consistently but will make a good number of splash plays

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Ya know... I think we might be unfair on peanut. He obviously isn’t a green dot guy but I think Jefferson or young gets that anyway, but he was a playmaker, he had a fair number of impressive sacks, and quite a few forced fumbles, and he made some of these plays in big moments too.

Peanut has an edge to him and could be a guy that doesn’t do great consistently but will make a good number of splash plays

After last season, I've viewed him as the type of player where he won't ever be a perennial pro-bowler, but he's the type of dude where you throw him out there because he just does what he does and often times it's good enough.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rapsheet: Heard LB Ty Summers had a tremendous performance in his drills, as well.
I have no idea who Summers is. Has anyone watched his tape?